Egyptian Shenyang F-6

Grizly

Nice Migs Griz! Very well done.

I do have a thing for some russian jets..........but must be in the minority as I specifically look for NMF. Although I cant vouch for the 17 or the 19, I did build Trumpys Mig 15 (always a short little ugly fella I liked) -

mig1.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Although it turned out ok, as for the kit itself, and as im not sure the 17 or 19 are the same, the Mig 15 was by far the worst fitting kit I have put together to date.

Great build Griz, both Migs came out very lovely!

Cheers,

Brian

Excellent work Griz!!! Beautiful elegant lady. The 17 is awesome as well. Out2, your 15 is gorgeous, but I haven't worked up the nerve to break out the alclad and experiment with bare metal yet.

I just built and am finishing the MiG-15 and the canopy was all wrong!! I had to buy a vacuform replacement from squadron. Actually I had to buy two. I screwed the first one up masking it and had to get a second and actually used the first as a template for the masks. Live and learn. I had to scratch build the part behind the headrest with some sheet styrene I also screwed up the guns on it and had to scratch build those as well. It had been totally panned on the web, but my experience has been a positive one. Hit a wall-turn left!! Anyway this will be my third completed aircraft EVER!!I'm pumped to see what you guys say. I have the tutelage of many of my friends, one especially has revealed what's behind his curtain and it has been a tremendous help. He recently joined here at LSP the one we call WedFactory. It will be obvious as to where his moniker comes from once you start seeing his completion rate!! He's a perfect addition to this forum!!!!

There is obviously a strong interest in Migs so might I ask a question.... One of my current projects is a Czech Republic Mig-21 in an all grey scheme adopted after they had joined NATO. Does anyone know what language the servicing/warning stencils on the airframe would have been???