Photo

F-4 B/N Cockpit set - New Pictures Up and kits shipping!!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

Finally,,,  I am assembling the production parts for the F-4 B/N for the final test fitting before release next week.   The Radar panel, control stick panel, and the Mk 7 seats are in Rubber.  The set will fit with the IFF insert nest to the RIO office, and the only Tamiya parts to be used are the Rudder peddles, Seat loops,  and the Radar control stick.    This kit couples with an Eduard PE set will make a completely accurate cockpit.

Price is $55 separate, or $40 when purchased with an Airframe set, so the total with both kits is $155.    

The seats shown are MK 5 rejects, and the kit will come with the BOTH MK5 and MK 7 seats, with belts.

DSCN4721_zpsafca74e4.jpg

Late F-4B or N configuration.    Panels were played out using the DAACo book diagrams a conglomeration of pictures.   As in F-4 tradition, they are almost all different but this set up is a good starting point.   I give you guys the early and the late upper panels.

Late Panel

DSCN4723_zpsda879649.jpg

Early Panel

DSCN4740_zps10794eea.jpg

Pilot office

DSCN4725_zps3744c25a.jpg

RIO Office

DSCN4726_zpsfc8c7f35.jpg

DSCN4727_zpsfff3ec4d.jpg

DSCN4732_zps754974ac.jpg

DSCN4734_zps954385ec.jpg

DSCN4734_zps954385ec.jpg

DSCN4735_zps6ab87687.jpg

Fire away with any questions, and if I have something really wrong,  now is the time to tell me!    Enjoy and Orders are now open 

thanks for your patience with me intaking longer than planned to get it all done.   Maybe one day I can build a model again!

Gary

• Derek B, harvey and Zero77 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 22,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

Lovely!!!

#3 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,697 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Hi Gary

if we already purchased the Airframe set, our cost for the cockpit is $40? Just want to double check

Thanks

Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Hi Gary

if we already purchased the Airframe set, our cost for the cockpit is $40? Just want to double check

Thanks

Peter

Yes, that is correct.

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#5 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Some int he fuselage shots.   Just loosely screwed in but the fit is excellent.   Front panel/dash and the center panel install from the top so they can be left in a safe place until final assembly.

DSCN4749_zpsaf723065.jpg

DSCN4747_zpsfcdf54d5.jpg

DSCN4746_zps031e1737.jpg

Our entire line of cockpits will be based on this tub design and installation method.  The best part is I have not had to remove any of the existing side wall detail.   These pits also fit nicely inside of the Revell F-4 kits, so now the Revell builders will have a better option when building a Recce, Weasel, to F-4E.

• Derek B, Bill Cross and Sgt Shultz II like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#6 Tanker459

Tanker459

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

Where can I get the conversions

These are very nice

Greg

#7 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,697 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

Gary

Thanks

Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

#8 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

Where can I get the conversions

These are very nice

Greg

Thanks Greg for the kind words.  You can order them direct from me.   Just PM me your name, address, phone, and Paypal account email and what you want and I will invoice you.

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

#9 Sgt Shultz II

Sgt Shultz II

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Are you making different pilots IP and panels for the back seater for an RF-4B??

Your cockpits are amazing! :goodjob:

#10 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Greg, beautiful work. Bang on. Many many builders have changed the next build just now. One question,Would it be possible to get a set of front seat throttles . I need them for my F-4D Gunfighter .....Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#11 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

Are you making different pilots IP and panels for the back seater for an RF-4B??

Your cockpits are amazing! :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words.

The RF-4B will be an entirely different cockpit set.   The plan is to offer a Recce B kit for the Tamiya F-J and the Revell RF-4C/E kits.  More details to follow in the next few months.

Many Thanks, Gary

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Greg, beautiful work. Bang on. Many many builders have changed the next build just now. One question,Would it be possible to get a set of front seat throttles . I need them for my F-4D Gunfighter .....Harv

Hey Harvey,  Thanks for all of the support!   With Eli’s decision to make  F-4B Mig Killer set,   We now have the complete package.   IF CAM ever releases their new line it will be even better.

I ‘d be very happy to get you a throttle, just PM or E mail me your address and I will stick one in the mail.

Thanks, Gary

Note:  I don’t know who is the worse speller, me or the word processor that is changing my words!

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Very nice!

Congrats

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#14 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Count me in!

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#15 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

Hey Gary, got mine ordered. Any idea when shipping will happen? No rush, just wondered. Thanks.

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users