Squadron eaglequest 2018

The Dude

Guest Clunkmeister

The quality of models this year is truly outstanding. Tony and The Dude are going to kick butt and take names....

The quality of models this year is truly outstanding. Tony and The Dude are going to kick butt and take names....

We both did good, but SOMEONE got best A/C with his felixstowe!  :hmmm: 

I like the Mosquito. Is that someone from here?

Thanks! Yeah it was mine.   :)

Edited by The Dude

A huge congratulations to Ernie for taking home an Eagle for best aircraft. It's much deserved!! I'm absolutely shocked the Mosquito only got a silver. I assumed it would be up against Ernies Felix for high gold. It certainly got my vote.

A huge congratulations to Ernie for taking home an Eagle for best aircraft. It's much deserved!! I'm absolutely shocked the Mosquito only got a silver. I assumed it would be up against Ernies Felix for high gold. It certainly got my vote.

Wow, it really was well deserved! Congrats!

When I walked though earlier, the Felixstowe stood out.

Guest Clunkmeister

I voted for the Mossie, followed closely by Tony's Corsair "Spirit of 76".

That RCAF Mossie was a true stunner, and Tony's bent wing Marine ride, both were just stunning.

I guess it was just the year of the monster biplane.

Honored. Thanks guys.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Yes, a big well done guys. I had the chance to talk to several people while there, my first Squadron event. I found one odd thing: I'd talk to guys, that built 1/48, and inquire as to whether they've considered 1/32. They all answered NO.

they are too big, no place to display them. I pointed out that my display case is 29x 24 inches, and seven feet tall.  So, you deal with a 29x24 footprint. Blank stare. One guy got even a bit testy, so I said: You'll get there when your eyes fail.

That said, most every one was great to talk to, and some mates from California came out, and we had a chance to have a beverage, and tell some lies. I saw the Copper State Lanchester armored car, and it is very nice. There was a very well done diorama with the WNW Green tail Albies, with an old farm house, cars people, tools, dogs, everything you'd expect to see at a WWI maintenance/repair  base... out in the country.