Lockheed EC-121R Batcat 1/32

Rogier77

Ah, another Conny! This one and Iain's will make a great pair. Go, go, go guys!

As I've said numerous times, I'm not a big fan of props, but a Conny is an alltogether different story. The most elegant transport plane ever to take to the skies (IMHO). Which reminds me, that I have the plans ready for Lufthansa's D-ALIN...

Cheers

Rainer

Hello to you all.

I am sorry no new pictures yet. The tail give me a headtick some times. This is my first vacform kit so i am learning to handel new problems in scale moddeling. A friend of my asked me what the story is about The Da Nang Glider. So i tought let's place the link also on this forum.

http://www.westin553.net/batcatTXT01/dng.txt

I hope to post some progress pic. soon. I orderd this week my tickets for the Royal International Air Tattoo. I hope that this year the Breitling Connie will return. Last year i have taken lot's of pictures of the engine and the wheelbays. I also did a cockpit tour to put everting on photo. The only thing i did not do well whas to take lot's of photos of the seats. :doh:

I have send a email to the Aviadrome in Lelystad in Holland. That is our national plane museum. I ask them if it is possible to send me a manual of the Connie. But i have no reply of them yet.

Good luck to al of you builds.

Rogiér van den Berg

Rogiér - as posted in my Warning Star thread - I now have some great Illustrated Parts Catalogs for the EC-121K (which is what the USAF Batcat airframes were converted from I believe).

Happy to scan and post drawings of things like seats etc. where I have them...

Oh - and I live just up the road from Fairford - but won't be going again this year - just not the same these days  :(

Iain

• 2 months later...

It seems the big Connies are all on the back burner but I wanted to toss out there that I have the Maintenance Manual for the L-749 if any of that is useful to you guys. The landing gear and wings should be nearly identical. My future L-1649 project has even less in common with this manual but its still a really cool book to have laying around! I have several other manuals, maintenance training, flight training, engines, propeller, etc. for the entire series if you need more information on anything.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...