Lemkits 1:32 MiG-9 - Limited edition - On sale

upor

Anyone know the background of the paint schemes on the Chinese AF MiG-9 at Beijing Aviation Museum? Photos I can find of this aircraft have it in a Chinese green/tan over gray camo in 2004 (photo on airliners.net), and then in the blue scheme below dated 2006. The 2nd photo below is more recent and shows the plane having been moved indoors and repainted again in light blue all over.

1164656-large.jpg

img_5601-800x.jpg

Nice images. Always loved the NBC-drills :ninja:

Forward visibility must have been very limited with the wide frame of the armored glass and the bulky sight.

Regards

- dutik

Anyone know the background of the paint schemes on the Chinese AF MiG-9 at Beijing Aviation Museum? Photos I can find of this aircraft have it in a Chinese green/tan over gray camo in 2004 (photo on airliners.net), and then in the blue scheme below dated 2006. The 2nd photo below is more recent and shows the plane having been moved indoors and repainted again in light blue all over.

1164656-large.jpg

img_5601-800x.jpg

Hi Mike , this is most likely a museum interpretation of a "cool" looking jet. At the time of active duty , Mig-9s worn Soviet style two digit numbers. The implementation of 5 digits kicked in when local jet-production started late 60ies-70ies ( J-5 etc. ).

Here is one rare photograph showing Mig-9 in it's natural habitat 

Bem9u_uCQAA9yM9.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I decided to hang few more images of my own build here, I hope that would be OK with Upor. I have no ties with the LEM company, just want to increase the awareness of this little gem. Please ignore the scratches and holes, that is my fault :)z2t8X0Y.jpg

7aKYmra.jpg

i was eyeing my copy and liked it very much, too bad it will be a little while untill i can build it

pics are very hard to come by, much more period images....

i have mailed master if they would sell me the mig 15 barrels with a second long gun barrel, but got no answer.

Edited by blackbetty

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

14 years after the first Mig-9 flight film been dedicated to Летчик-испытатель А.Н. Гринчик, who died crashing with the first prototype of  И-300. It happened in 11 Jun 1946 since demonstration before high Soviet leader which included as well Yak-15 and trophy Не-162 “Volksjäger”.

b1b6cebe52bd.jpg

2e611466c966.jpg

Film received First award in Deauville France at Aviation Film Festival 1963.