Proposal for a Night Fighters Group Build.

BradG

Yes, oh yes! I'd be in for either a Bf110G-4 (the AIMS conversion of course) and/or the Tamiya Mosquito finished as a Mk II NF. Can we have something like a 6 month build window please Brad?

Usually we do 5 months, but I think if we get a few conversions an extra month is definitely on the cards.

I'm interested, I have just begun cutting plastic and resin on the Aims Bf 110g conversion...only the pilot seat glued, is it still eligible to join in?

Yes, the standard 25% complete rule would apply; any kit less than 25% complete can join.

Wouldn't some modern fighters qualify? F-117 for sure...

Yes if someone would like to build a stealth then that's good. I just used the "night fighters" label to get the general idea across, happy if someone was building a NJG stuka or something like a PO-2 from the Soviet Night witches as well. 

How about hypotheticals? When Zoukie Mura releases the 2 seat conversion you can make it a night fighter. 

Hypotheiticals, so long as they have a dedicated kit boxing. The Fly Arado 234 and the HK Doriner 335B are obvious examples of this. I'm not sure if SWS has released a night fighter version of their Ho 229 or not.

F-4D Vietnam

497th TFS 'Night Owls'

Ah yeh I did not even think of that one. I think they painted their aircraft with black under surfaces for night operations, which is fine for this GB.

Pretty good start guys, 5 confirmed starters. If you are definitely going to contribute to this GB, please indicate clearly and I will add you to the list in the first post.

Hypotheiticals, so long as they have a dedicated kit boxing. The Fly Arado 234 and the HK Doriner 335B are obvious examples of this. I'm not sure if SWS has released a night fighter version of their Ho 229 or not.

The Horton two-seat night Fighters supposed to be released at the end of May

Someone here posted a official flyer from Zukie Maru somewhere in the forums

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

The Horton two-seat night Fighters supposed to be released at the end of May

Someone here posted a official flyer from Zukie Maru somewhere in the forums

Knew I'd see it somewhere.

Most of you forgot to mention alot of ww1 aircraft too (thanks RLWP!)

I can think off hand of the FE2b too!

K

It was mentioned on page 1, the only thing there is it would need to be an aircraft from a squadron that conducted night operations, the Zepplin interceptors and Gotha bombers were listed as examples, for the FE2's, I think 100 squadron was a night bomber squadron later in the war along with several others. Those would count, but not an early war FE2 that was used as a day fighter.