F-14B UPGRADE 1/32 Tomcat

Fancherello

Hello

Many thanks for your kind words and comments ! Glad to be back here!

- yes the white markings in the pit may be a bit over done, it's a deliberate choice to pop up some light from the consoles once set into the fuselage, and by personal taste. I keep your comment in mind, it may need a light paynes grey filter in the end to adjust and soften the contrast!

-the canvas on seats ( and front panel covers ) is done by spraying a light shade through a fine metal mesh held with tweezers as close to the part as possible. Simple and straightforward ! ( Ok, you just need a third hand )

-intakes and grime were done with the help of the Daco book showing a plane eager for a full clean up ! Seen from the entry to the engine face, it looks much more natural !

Cheers !

Excellent work! How did you do the texturing on the seat cushions? Beautiful and very realistic.Thanks.

Chuck

2nd! How did you do that?

Oh, great start!

Edit: Just saw your reply. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

WOW, beautiful work so far on everything !! Very clever using a tiny screen to represent the pattern on the seats and the covers.

Keep up the great work and, I'm along for the ride. What squadron are you doing ?

Steve

"TOMCAT 'S FOREVER, BABY !"

Hi !

Choosing the squadron has been complicated. I wanted an anonymous and worn lo-viz Tomcat ( no CAG colors, weathering has to be the eye catcher ), and something not too much seen...yes it's another Tomcat but I wanted to bring something that could be interesting for the future article about such a well know subject. So a late B with this franken-cockpit was a good point and VF-103 Bs were a perfect match with both the pit and my motorcyclist graphic culture ( plus my broken bones ). Skull And Bones. I just love these tails.

Diamondbacks were on my wishlist but I couldnt grab the decals and neither be sure about the cockpit layout.

In a perfect life I'd love a Hi Viz Tomcat but I already fear the time to choose a scheme ( Black Aces, Top Hatters, Swordsmen, Tomcatters....I'm be unable to say which one I'd choose ).

Main body and intakes are set now, I'll attach pictures soon.

best regards !

Again on the seat texture, where did you get that fine metal mesh ?

Good to hace you back, I can't forget your Eagle...

Hello and thank you!

This mesh sheet was given to me for testing by a shop which doesnt exist anymore unfortunately. You can try a brand called Tasman for example. If i remember well they make équivalent products.

Cheers

Thank you very much for your comments !

I'm working on tbe main assembly, and these intakes fit amazingly well. Instruction sheet explains very well where a bit of sanding and persuasion is necessary....and everything went as expected. BRILLANT work Zacto !

Edited by Fancherello