Gr.Magg.Bellagambi-Osoppo 1945

Javlin1

Well I voted in the poll awhile back and thus committed myself to the build :innocent:.I wiil be doing a G-14 flown by Bellagambi who at the end of the war had 14 kills.the plane carried 74/75/76 wirh a medium-heavy mottle pattern it appears w/black cross on the fuselage alittle unusual for most.I have offically been bitten with the Italian marking bug for certain.It might start off a little slow to begin with for I am involved in a another group build of two 109's(Italian markings)an MC-205 in 1/48 that should wrap before long.The decals come available from Skymodels courtesy of PCM and the first time have ordered from them quick and efficient and the same goes for Spruebrothers even faster on the 109.As for aftermarket pieces that still up in the air I do have a Verdi kit but not certain if it will show up here in this build.Cheers Kevin

stang012_edited800x491.jpg

stang013_edited789x804.jpg

Javlin,

I too have plans to do Magg Bellagambi's Yellow 1 W Nr 464380 and purchased those same decals.

A word of caution, the black upper wing fasces are not handed correctly. The hooked blade on the stave should face hook into the airflow on the outer wing left & right.

Sky have them correct for the upper right wing position.

PCM's latest Italian Stallion (Reggiane?) have correct fasces.

Ref= Camouflage and Markings of the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana, Ferdinando D'Amico and Gabriele Valentini.

Thks Kais and Guys.I have not noticed that yet Kais.I hope to get started in a couple of weeks on this one.I have had work handing it to me here of late and a meeting coming up for couple of days out of town the week after next,maybe then.Cheers Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I started a couple of days ago on painting the pit and I am using the Masterdetails from USA detail kit and it's pretty nice the copit sidewalls are paperthin it just means be careful but some nice details.I have a couple of questions though (1) was all the wiring in the pit basically yellow? (2) you have two options on the seat .a. without the parachute and .b. with the chute and belts.I am opting for .b. but wonder what are the colors for the chute? and about the belts?They are showing almost a khaki green which I might buy for Radu's are an off green.I will post some pics maybe this W/E once I get closer.I am going to save the Aires for another time.Cheers Kevin

Got a poor pic;the lighting is really bad on this artifical

post-2311-1261014329.jpg

Kevin,

Welcome to Regia Aeronautica Anonymous,glad you've joined.Excellent build my friend and I'll surely be following your progress.Looking forward to the next update.I hope Bellagambi's 109 G 14 shows up at Joe and Nancy's place so I can get a close look at your outstanding build. LOL I promise not to drool.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Fellow Rigia Aeronautica Fanatic and WW I Addict :party0023: :post1: :help: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR"S

I appreciate the kind words there Gregory and Russ.I ahave gotten a confirmantion for the most part on the chute colors but no info on the wires yet might go with what I have done??Gregory I did build this up for another GB and you might see this out @ Joe's place after the first of the year got to still build the glass cover. Cheers Kevin

post-2311-1261497301.jpg

Guest canuck63

Great choice!It's nice to see more and more models of the aircraft flown by the valiant airmen of the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana!They make for interesting subjects and the stories behind their pilots are nearly always very fascinating!

Cheers

Manny

Getting a little closer with finishing the pit I have to say I like the MasterDetails kit pretty nice.The trim wheels I used from the Hase kit but I think the flare gun and some other pieces up front with the glass will be some nice additions though.Some pics.....

post-2311-1261629091.jpg