WnW Junkers D.I .......Feeling the need for a nice quick OOB build....

monthebiff

Thank you Brian! As ever I stick to Tamiya acrylics as I always get on so well with them. For the Green I used Cocpit grenn and th |Mauve a custom mix starting with gloss purple. I also always add the colour to the same volume of X-22 clear to give me a nice smooth finish.

Regards. Andy

Looks good. How did the decals snuggle down in the corrugations?

Thanks Mike, decals are ok but not perfect. If I was building another I would mask and spray which is probably quicker as well!

Regards. Andy

Cheers Andy, on the profiles the fuselage looks quite drab, but I do like the colour you've used.

Fully agree regarding the schemes but there is lots of room to just have a blast and apply some heavy weathering which is my plan on this one.

Regards. Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Not much chance for modelling time lately but managed to get a few hours in during this week, pretty close to calling this one finished after going for a fairly heavily weathered finish.

20180705_213125.jpg

20180705_213241.jpg

20180705_213215.jpg

Just need to add the exhaust, engine pnels and prop and then calling this one done.

Regards. Andy

Looks superb - I really like the weathering. Subtle enough not to overwhelm, but enough to tell us this was a working machine of war.

Although I've seen many WNW kits completed, the majority of them look like they just rolled out of the factory. I think some subtle weathering always adds to a WNW model.

I assume you'll add some mud to those wheels?

Looks superb - I really like the weathering. Subtle enough not to overwhelm, but enough to tell us this was a working machine of war.

Although I've seen many WNW kits completed, the majority of them look like they just rolled out of the factory. I think some subtle weathering always adds to a WNW model.

I assume you'll add some mud to those wheels?

Thank you Dean and yes I am planning to add a little mud to the wheels and probably a little around the tail skid, not to much as I dont want to go overboard!

Regards. Andy

That looks great, Andy. Love the weathering.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, I used a couple of washes followed by oil filters and altough dificult to see in the pictures it really makes the subtle rivet detail really pop so worth the effort!

Regards. Andy