1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

Kevin, what happened to the K4 build ? 

I was in the latter stages of the project, when I had to pack it all up for my move three years ago. Once settled into the new location, some of the model was damaged, and some was irretrievably lost, so it got tossed onto the SOD, there to remain, probably forever. 

• 5 months later...

I've sort of changed my mind here, and may now do this as a G-14, or possibly a G-14/AS. The Hasegawa 1:32 G-14/AS kit seems near impossible to find, so it's either this kit or the Hasegawa G-6 kit that I'll be doing, or at least that's the current plan.

Much to my happiness, I've discovered that there's actually quite a fair amount of decent AM for this machine; lots of items for the 'pit, wheels, guns, etc., so I'll start gathering these items for this project, as this will now most likely be my entry at the nationals in 2019. I've also downloaded all of the Neely drawings, so I can check for accurate access hatches, etc.

Not an update as such, but I did change the title of the thread to G-14, as I'm now for sure doing it this way. Thanks to a link I found that Charles had left on the site, I've went ahead and downloaded all of the pertinent Neely drawings, converted them to pdf, and assembled them into one document, so that I can readily compare the kit to the drawings, making whatever changes/additions that will be necessary.

Sadly, my hopes of attending the nationals with this in 2019, have been completely dashed, so I'll be traveling to several regional shows with it instead. I'll be resuming work on this after September 8th, or sooner, if I finish two other projects first, and the 8th will roll in on me pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

• 5 weeks later...

My Romulan warbird is now on hold, pending an order of the right colors (which I thought I already had, but did not), so I've now resumed work on this bad boy. Below is one possible scheme that I'm currently considering, though there are actually several.

ctrgaL.jpg