1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

As is typical for me, I'm building a few sub assemblies to work on outside (once the weather here cools off a bit). There's little that I enjoy more, hobby wise, than to sit on the deck when the weather is nice, with a mug of coffeine, some sanding sticks and parts, enjoying the fresh air and working on some hobby bits.

q8Xr0U.jpg

wtCrpA.jpg

Well this was certainly fun. Over the last three days, and working a bit at a time, I managed to get all those insane pin marks dealt with, so I've now begun adding the kit parts, and will follow that with some added material of my own.

xJgnPa.jpg

First order of business, 'pit wise, is to shed myself of those pesky pin marks, then I can get on with the adding of the kit provided parts.

m2JnCV.jpg

With the pin marks now removed, adding the kit bits has commenced. I have a lot of conflicting information for exactly what is or is not correct for a G-6, but I'll just add what I like, I guess, and trust that 99.99999% of folks that view the finished piece, won't know (or care) about the actual differences anyway.

z7uDH2.jpg

This gets metal hinges.

Sincerely,

Mark

I'll be just gluing (or more likely, epoxy) it in place, so none of those crazy hinges will be used on this effort. I also now see the problems I may have with using this particular rudder, as it's obviously the later style, so probably won't work with the early canopy on the tentative version I originally selected.

I received a wonderful CD in the mail today (thanks, Mark), but unfortunately my CD player won't play it (it's been having issues for some time now, reads some CD's, doesn't recognize others). The good news is, I have more than a few other PC's here, all of which have functional CD readers, so it looks like I'll be swapping this one out. This is not something I'm looking forward to, but needs to be done eventually anyway, so I guess now is as good a time as any. 

Finally some "wiring" now added, using stretched sprue, as well as .020 & .025 Plastruct rod. More still to do, but once the 'pit is "busied up" a bit and painted decently, I'm hoping it will be a worthwhile improvement. Big dinner here Saturday, so once again I'll lose my work space. No more '109 stuff for me until this Sunday, at the earliest. 

N3KS4W.jpg

I have this book.  I like it.  I've got Red 13 sitting idle at the moment.

Sincerely,

Mark

It may not cover the specifics as I'd hoped it would, but that great info that you sent me, should help immensely, so thanks again for that.