Revell-Germany a world too far, or importers?

Sure there's an exact reason, but whatever the issue, I happen to be on the short end. Off the top I can think of a few kits I wanted to get but Goose egg; The Gripen (I know, but still wanted at standard price), the two seat Eurofighter, He-111H-6, and now P-51D.

Is the P-51D no longer available?

Might as well be, none of the suppliers ever have it in stock. Not into listing all of them, but a few I use; Squadron, Tower, LOM, Mark Twain, etc. The P-51 is a current example. The other kits I listed were at the time also current, yet could not get one at the time.

Edited by phasephantomphixer

They stopped production on everything while the bankruptcy and all was going on. From what I understand, the new holding company will now have to evaluate all the molds and production materials and get things going again. They'll need some time to get product back in the pipeline.

Might as well be, none of the suppliers ever have it in stock. Not into listing all of them, but a few I use; Squadron, Tower, LOM, Mark Twain, etc. The P-51 is a current example. The other kits I listed were at the time also current, yet could not get one at the time.

Surprisingly, Mark Twain frequently has excellent prices on some kits, and they're just a few miles from here.

Their new website seems to be active  https://www.revell.de/en/home/

Mustang listed in their current catalog but

not for the same price it was here in the U.S. https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/planes/zweiter-weltkrieg/p-51d-mustang-revell.html

Interesting to see how things develop here

in the colonies  :popcorn:

I have no doubts that RoG will eventually find a US importer/distributor and the P-51 (and others) will be readily available again.  :m0152:  :party0023: 

I have no doubts that I will NOT be able to score the P-51 for $25 shipped to me like I did early this year, once a US importer/distributor gets up and running.  :fight:  :deadhorse:  :crying: 

<<<Interesting to see how things develop here

in the colonies >>>

Edited by modelingbob

Andy's hobby headquarters did a video in part on this.  It is the one where he discusses the new MAP pricing for Tamiya, he also covered Revell.  They temporarily shut down production.  I don't think it is anything to worry about.  We should see normal availability before long.

Revell kits widely available in Europe, at very, very good prices. Except the Ju 88, He 111 & Ar 196A-3, of course.

The Revell Bf 109G-10 - is this a good kit & why is it no longer available? I've been given the opportunity to buy a few, wondered if there's demand to pass these on?

Andy's hobby headquarters did a video in part on this. It is the one where he discusses the new MAP pricing for Tamiya, he also covered Revell. They temporarily shut down production. I don't think it is anything to worry about. We should see normal availability before long.

I wonder why Andy never answered me about that Kronos 3rd hand jig?

I am not concerned about the reissuing of old kits by Revell Germany. I have built them all, or most of the them over the years.

I am hoping to see new kits, like the Do-17....

Huh? Yes? Please, Pretty please, Pretty please with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry on the top and some cookies on the side?

:please:

And don't tell me it is most unlikely. This is my fantasy, not yours! Go get your own fantasy.

:punk:

Sure there's an exact reason, but whatever the issue, I happen to be on the short end. Off the top I can think of a few kits I wanted to get but Goose egg; The Gripen (I know, but still wanted at standard price), the two seat Eurofighter, He-111H-6, and now P-51D.

If you absolutely positively have to have some type of Revell product while the company is in a state of flux, buy it from someone on Ebay.  I'm sure you can find what you need there, eventually.

If you can wait and work on something else, wait, and work on something else! 

Revell's production will be sorted soon enough.

I am not concerned about the reissuing of old kits...I am hoping to see... the Do-17....Pretty please with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry on the top and some cookies on the side? :please:

And don't tell me it is most unlikely. This is my fantasy, not yours! Go get your own fantasy.

:punk:

SAAB J.35 Draken

Sukhoi Su-15 Flagon

This is my fantasy, not necessarily many others. Get your own too.

Tony