Bravo Revell Germany P-51D Canopy Replacement

modelingbob

A big set of thanks for Revell Germany sending a replacement canopy for their new 1/32 P-51D.

Submitted a request to here: 

https://www.revell.de/en/service/service-form/model-building.html

about two weeks ago and got the replacement clear parts in today's mail. Good news, everything survived shipping, and the clear parts are a vast improvement with much improved clarity. Still a little distortion, but you have to look for it very carefully. Kudo's to Revell Germany!!!! 

:goodjob:

Just bought this kit at a local hobby shop in Memphis yesterday. I couldn't wait to check it out. I've been looking for this kit in Singapore w/o any luck for a while. (Where I live). $26 USD! I opened the factory sealed box to find no instructions or decals inside. Bummed. Sure I can get the instructions on line. The missing decals are certainly a disappointment. The company seems to be lacking in quality assurance and they will be hearing from me. I can't recall ever opening a new kit and finding this much missing inside? Strange. Live and move on. Still looking to dive into this kit someday soon.

Troy

Just bought this kit at a local hobby shop in Memphis yesterday. I couldn't wait to check it out. I've been looking for this kit in Singapore w/o any luck for a while. (Where I live). $26 USD! I opened the factory sealed box to find no instructions or decals inside. Bummed. Sure I can get the instructions on line. The missing decals are certainly a disappointment. The company seems to be lacking in quality assurance and they will be hearing from me. I can't recall ever opening a new kit and finding this much missing inside? Strange. Live and move on. Still looking to dive into this kit someday soon.

Troy

Indeed it's inadmissible in this day and age to sell a kit with instructions and decals missing.

On the other hand Revell has an excellent customer service. Just send them a note. You will receive the missing items in no time.

Edited by quang

I just checked my latest arrival P-51D from Revell and the clear parts seem noticeably better in the second kit than the first one.  The Tamiya canopy still has more rivet detail than the Revell, but there is no center seam to deal with and the clarity seems much improved from the earlier arrival to the latest one.

Anyone else notice this or am I seeing things?

:piliot:

Chris

I just checked my latest arrival P-51D from Revell and the clear parts seem noticeably better in the second kit than the first one.  The Tamiya canopy still has more rivet detail than the Revell, but there is no center seam to deal with and the clarity seems much improved from the earlier arrival to the latest one.

Anyone else notice this or am I seeing things?

:piliot:

Chris

To me the problem was never with the clarity but with the wavy distortion.

I'd also grabbed two back in January, so I made sure to stress that both windscreens had that puddled look, which had never been a problem on Revell kits before.

And that I looked forward to receiving TWO of part H-91 in order to correct BOTH kits because the PAIR of them had the same defect.

I'm still half expecting to only get a single replacement, but we'll just have to wait and see.

<<<Do they request any proof of purchase or something?>>>

Nope, not in my case. Just filled out the online form, got an email response from Revell Germany a couple days later that they received my request and I should receive the parts in about two weeks (which is how long it took!). And yep, my new parts have far less distortion than the old parts. A small amount still remains around the frames, but you have to look for it pretty closely to see it. Far better than the original parts.