Why not?

LSP_K2

I must say this will be another first for me. I started the Hobbycraft/Trumpeter Mig 15 ages ago, and just ran out of steam (as is so typically the case with me), so I'm going to "give a go" at finishing it for this GB. I'll try to post pictures this evening as to the current status of this stalled effort (spider webs, dust balls and all), as well as scans of scheme I've opted for; this just might be fun!

First off, these are the markings I intend to use for this bird; #2, a Russian pilot flying for the N Koreans. Those sneaky Russians! This is also the Mig that shot down Joseph McConnell on 14, January, 1953.

post-8159-1265254741.jpg

I also installed the CE intake splitter, but epoxied it in crooked, so I'll use some painting trickery to correct, and provide the illusion of proper positioning. After all my years of fooling with geometry, you'd think I'd realize that a vertical splitter should be, oh I don't know,...vertical? What a moron!

post-8159-1265255065.jpg

Flaps themselves are also a combination of sheet plastic and Eduard PE. Windscreen looked like something from a 56' Buick, so I cut frame back considerably. Canopy will be open to show off cockpit guts, so it really doesn't matter that they don't match up; no photo available at this time.

post-8159-1265256285.jpg

• 1 month later...

Man I did this kit awhile back and your certainly doing her Justice Kev, cause when I put mine together, I pretty much rated it as one of if not THE worst fitting kit I have ever fiddled with.......

Anyone who tackles this kit and makes her come out even half way decent IMHO is doin somethin right!

Keep em comin.... :hmmm:

Cheers,

Brian

hi Kevin,

Nice color scheme you picked!

The cockpit and flaps look very good! :ph34r:

Cheers,

Peter

Good stuff...Major Fedorets' MiG-15 is a good choice...I have an F-86 w/McConnell's markings and they'd make a nice double display, I think.

Tim W.