F4U-5N, Guy Bordellon, Korea 1953 FINISHED

blackbetty

Karl did nearly all the work, I only did the radome and made the molds. 

my work is again based on the work of Olivier Pisolle. again, it needs a lot of TLC and is just a starting point.

would anyone be interested in decals? i think about doing a sheet with the Bordellon plane and two Marine night fighters, one black with red markings.

and you would need the vac canopy from me (a copy from Oliviers canopy)

I'm really starting to like this beast. Well done Karl. If you need numbers for making decals, sign me up. I might be contacting Harold to bring this conversion up out and in the open.

I also like your choice in starting with the Trumpeter kit. A lot of surgery going on here and I find that some of the most enjoyable work with the most reward afterwords. Wow. It's really looking great. Thanks for sharing this awesome journey with us.

Troy

thank you Troy! the difficulties of the conversions is multiplied by the problems of the kit. and i have done a bad job with the inner to outer wingjoint.

first squirt of GSB, some imperfections to correrct, but it looks like a plane now. nose ist just stuck on.

broke off the tip of the fin for the umteenth time :BANGHEAD2:

42048851975_006810547d_b.jpg50 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

29077976828_0a13a830f9_h.jpg51 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

42048851885_2e02defd8d_h.jpg52 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

Edited by blackbetty

Really great work Karl. I just received the conversion set from Harold, i thought it was really nicely done. Your work on the masters is excellent and of course Harold's casting is up to his normal well done standards. I'm going to use your build thread as a step by step tutorial on my build. I plan to do mine as a USMC Flat Black -5N with red markings. I would surely be intrested in buying a set of those markings...do it Blackbetty. Where did you get the drawings to rescribe the "all metal" wings? Many thanks.

Chuck

Karl,

Sounds like youre my kind of modeler. I've sprayed a Rata and a Peashooter this weekend and broke off the resin gunsite on the Rata at least three times by now. The peashooter is another work in progress dating back at least 7-8 years. Endless fun.

I'm missing a few bits I forgot to find back in California when I visit. Hello! A windscreen!?!? Grrr.

The late Corsair looks awesome. From what it started out as to this point, its truly awesome to see come alive. Thanks for the progress reports.

Troy