Italeri has three WW I new releases 2 = 1/32 Nieuport, Sopwith Camel

Vandy 1 VX 4

Are these New or a Roden repop's :hmmm: ?   Do not see all new tool markings on the box!!!

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/05/we-go-back-to-knights-of-sky-with.html#more

Sopwith Camel

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2481

Nieuport 17

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2482

Cheers

Yes, Italeri attempting to jump on the WWI bandwagon - but in a very cheap way by utilising Academy's deeply mediocre moulds.

It looks bad when they supply some string to rig the model that looks like it used to be holding up knickers in a previous life.

The photo on the link appears to show the huge raised lines that pass for ribs on the Academy Camel wings. That is really a shame, as "Wonga Bonga" is a pretty cool name for a Camel.

As for the Nieuport, maybe a kit bash with a Roden N.24 or 27 kit could do better? The interior and the hollowed out area under the fuselage and behind the engine might serve much better than this kit. I really want a great N.17 and family, plus a full set of the great Russian and other Eastern European decal colors as seen in the "Coloring Russian Aviation" book series. Still hoping for "more", just like Oliver Twist.

Tnarg

Darn shame; any of those, if new, would certainly appeal to me. I'm so spoiled by WNW though, I'm sure I wouldn't really be content with anything else.

My reaction is RIGHT on par with yours K2.

Regardless of anyone saying how nice they are.........or how we dont need any kits that already exist, that said, I have PRECIOUS LITTLE MODELING TIME these days, and Ill be damned if Im going to spend it dealing with sub par kits of ANY kind, unless I am either:

A. - SUPER passionate about the model

B. - I REALLY want to build a particular model for whatever reason and the crappy one is the ONLY one available.

Im just not passionate enough about any of those airframes to put the needed effort into Italiari/Roden re-pop.   

However that being said, I DO make enough disposable income that I would spring for a WnW kit of any/ALL of those. Take it for what you will, and I know lots of peeps who have no issues tackling a sub par kit, but there are just TOO many really nice new-tool kits out there of planes I really want to build, for me to be spending any amount of time building and correcting a bad one.

I'm with you, Brian. The exception might be the old odd scale (1:27?) Revell WWI fighters, as it doesn't seem likely they'll ever be replaced, and offer a nice excursion into the world of doctoring up otherwise not such great kits, though they too, can really be turned into beautiful models, given some care. I have the SPAD XIII, Camel, Dr.I, and D,VII, and have been wanting to resume work on the Dr.I again this year.

I know. That's why I said I hope the Italeri release is the new one, not the crappy old one that Academy keeps flogging. I've never been able to find the newer kit for sale at any price.

Yep, I have two in my stash (Le Rhone), but they were tough to get.

I'm just not a Camel fan.

I actually prefer the German stuff myself, but since the Camel is such an icon, I figure to eventually build at least one. Too bad the schemes are so boring though, generally speaking.

I'm with you, Brian. The exception might be the old odd scale (1:27?) Revell WWI fighters, as it doesn't seem likely they'll ever be replaced, and offer a nice excursion into the world of doctoring up otherwise not such great kits, though they too, can really be turned into beautiful models, given some care. I have the SPAD XIII, Camel, Dr.I, and D,VII, and have been wanting to resume work on the Dr.I again this year.

And you can add one more if you splice up the three DR.1 wings into one mono wing shaped as the DVIII Razor. Kept the article from FSM years ago showing how to do it. Along with the corrections to the DVII.

If anyone can confirm the specific provenance of these kits, I can add them to the Kit Database, and assign them to the correct kit families.

Kev

I would like that info as well Kevin. I have an Academy kit on backorder, assuming it is the newer version of the Academy/Hobbycraft kit. Assuming they are one and the same as seems to be implied from time to time.