F100 tank help

DrDave

hey all,

I'm planning a Danish f100d but have to use the white plastic trumpeter release without the underwing sprue. Not many Danish f100s were naked underwing, so I need to source some underwing stores. Are there any aftermarket 335 gallon tanks out there, or does anyone have a spare stores sprue? I'll pay. I know there are inserts for the short kit tanks. Would italeri 104 tanks cover it? I'm not a century series expert...

There is a Trumpeter spare parts service so hopefully somebody can come up with that link, useful for us in Europe.

You could also try some of these sellers on Ebay who sell sprues...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F32+Trumpeter+F-100+sprues&_sacat=0

All the best

Tony

Go here:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?l=en

Along the top there's a tab that says contact Spare Parts Service.

HTH

That seems non operational.

Go to this thread as you'll find a working point of contact...

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=72909

You will likely need the kit number and the two sprue numbers (there are two slightly different sprues with the drop tanks on, not 2 of one pattern, though that might work too)

If in doubt I can look these up: my F-100D is easily accessed.

HTH

Tony

The plot thickens...

My own F-100D, bought in June 2008 according to the Antics receipt, and later editions might vary, includes FOUR sprues concerning the drop tanks: one of M (pylon parts), TWO of N (left drop tank parts including the brace) and one of P (right drop tank and brace).

This means I can provide a left drop tank and brace without compromising my own kit. If someone else can do the same from their spare leftie, you can have two tanks and would just have to put one brace on the opposite side. The tanks are otherwise not handed.

Harold does the tank correction plugs and pylons so you're almost there.

If you find somebody else who can donate parts N1, N14 & N5, you can have my spares.

HTH

Tony in Bristol

I did this one or extension inserts if you would rather cut up a kit tank...OOPS I see I did a typo on the header card. It should read 335 gal.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ams32004.htm

For some strange reason I have a set of each. Is it simply a case of two joins for the insert or one join for the whole front end version? I realise the 336 gallon title was a typo, so what's the real difference between the two sets?

Offer to Dr Dave still stands, if someone else comes forward with a spare drop tank (there should be three in your regular Hun kit)

Tony

edited for clarity

Edited by Tony T

For some strange reason I have a set of each. Is it simply a case of two joins for the insert or one join for the whole front end version? I realise the 336 gallon title was a typo, so what's the real difference between the two sets?

Offer to Dr Dave still stands, if someone else comes forward with a spare drop tank (there should be three in your regular Hun kit)

Tony

edited for clarity

The insert requires you to cut the kit tank and insert the plug, it is bit of a PITA though because the kit parts aren't round, but slightly mi-shaped. The nose set lets you cut the kit nose section off and glue on the resin nose, The resin part has better detailing, the filler and weld seams. It depends on how much work you want to do...