Hawker Typhoon

thierry laurent

Hi

Yes Roy's sets are top notch the MDC sets are well over a decade old but good in their day .

So if I was building another Typhoon the Barracuda sets would be in.

Bob

HI there guys I make and cast all the resin conversion parts that you are discussing , MAN is only a distributer at model shows . All of the conversions are made and cast by me solely so I will personnally send out every kit and if you do not like what you receive please return an i will reimburse you .I am researching and building these conversions because these are sets are not available by anyone else , I would love to be able to just buy these and no spend the time and money researching them .I did not build the cockpit parts as these are readily available by MDC , or the the wheels are thes are produced by barracuda cast and are excellent, I will not reinvent the wheel . I hope to improve on my later productions , of which I have started to produce , I know that this is selfish but they are things that I want .I am not getting any younger , nearly sixty ,so I will only make what I want and need to build the kits that I want in my very small collection .just jim 1

Hi

Yes Roy's sets are top notch the MDC sets are well over a decade old but good in their day .

So if I was building another Typhoon the Barracuda sets would be in.

Bob

I don't think I own any MDC stuff. I had a Typhoon, but it was lost.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the clarification.

Indeed, your sets are interesting as they are not redundant with other available ones. That is precisely why I got them.

The only thing I would have clearly made differently are the wheel well inserts. As designed, they are a good way to improve the existing wells without head scratching or heavy surgery. However, this has a side effect! They are not accurate as they follow the well edge contour. I would have prefered a new complete "rectangular" well if you see what I mean. So, I will have to convert the conversion parts! Nonetheless, some people will possibly appreciate the benefit of the shortcut choice.

On the other hand, the engine is very nice and do not ask for many additions. Put some additional hoses and you will get a very nice Sabre.

For a first released set, I am not disappointed and this initiative deserves to be supported.

Regards

Thierry

... come again?

Rog

Back in 2014 when I moved to my new location, I lost lots of stuff. To this day I'm still discovering that items I thought might be here, are forever gone; tools, clothes, dishes, model kits, etc.

Back in 2014 when I moved to my new location, I lost lots of stuff. To this day I'm still discovering that items I thought might be here, are forever gone; tools, clothes, dishes, model kits, etc.

... Darn! ... I was wondering why you'd never made an attempt on that one ...

Maybe someone will do an new tool IM one at some point - so you'll have a replacement.

Rog

... Darn! ... I was wondering why you'd never made an attempt on that one ...

Maybe someone will do an new tool IM one at some point - so you'll have a replacement.

Rog

That would be awesome. Of course there's still the Hasegawa 1:48 kits (I have at least two) and the 1:24 Airfix machine. I think I may still have a Monogram 1:48 kit here too somewhere, but I'm not certain of that. My 1:32 Revell kits were all sold off long ago, before I moved. To be honest, I haven't really been in an aircraft modeling mood for quite a while now, a few months at least. I dabble here and there, but have been more obsessed with several car models lately.

Hi thierry I recognise the piont that you made about the wheel bays were simplified to just insert without haveing to cut and remove the existing wheels bays , I did do this bearing in mind that not every kit buider can and want to do major  surgery to their kit ,but I alsodid this surgery to my own kit just to see how difficult they were to remove ,and am happy to say going carefully I removed both with very little effort so this should not present much of a problem . I did however start a second pair of full wheel bays with more detail added as a result ,I have just not finished them as I got caught up on my next couple of spitfire projects , I tend to have more than one model on the go at any one time .

Hi thierry I recognise the piont that you made about the wheel bays were simplified to just insert without haveing to cut and remove the existing wheels bays , I did do this bearing in mind that not every kit buider can and want to do major  surgery to their kit ,but I alsodid this surgery to my own kit just to see how difficult they were to remove ,and am happy to say going carefully I removed both with very little effort so this should not present much of a problem . I did however start a second pair of full wheel bays with more detail added as a result ,I have just not finished them as I got caught up on my next couple of spitfire projects , I tend to have more than one model on the go at any one time .

With no new Typhoon kit on the horizon (that I'm aware of), do you find there's much market for updates for the Revell kit?

hi at this point I dont know if there will be a market to justify making these sets , My main reason for building them was selfish , I wanted at least five or six for myself I have 2x mdc kits 1nd 3x revell kits and a pacific coast tempest and now the fly tempest will soon be availble , so this can also be a future market for engines etc , My engine set fits in the revell and the mdc with just a little work , it will also fit in the PC tempest , I will purchase a Fly models tempest when availbe to assertain whether it will fit this kit also,so time will tell if I am wasting my time or not .