1/32 Scale P-40 E

alaninaustria

I then moved on to the darker camo colors... the masks were self made using normal office white paper soaked in water... if you let the paper dry a little so it is moist, but not totally dripping wet, then it will adhere to the surface nicely and there will be no leaks under the mask... then to remove, you just peal off the mask!

post-10-1256738808.jpg

post-10-1256738814.jpg

I like to spray on the Gunze Aqueous in very light coats to prevent any leakage and to guarantee that the paint dries as quickly as possible.... don't forget to polish between those coats! Spray 90 degree to the surface and keep the airbrush on target... nothing worse than having errant spray to clean up after!

post-10-1256739364.jpg

And all the parts waiting for assembly :thumbsup:

Here I have given the bird a final polishing, sprayed on some Tamiya flat mixed with a little future to give it a semi flat finish and I have tackled the landing gear and other little bits. A wash was accomplished using Windsor & Newton oils, burnt sienna mixed with a drop of dishsoap (to alleviate surface tension) and mineral spirits (before the flat finish!!).

The second shot is the micro tiny external gunsight I made using stretched sprue... I didn't like the kit part... it was too fat and bulbus to be realistic!

post-10-1256740154.jpg

post-10-1256740167.jpg