B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Thanks for your support everyone! Today I removed the internal frame from the original window position and glued the plug in position. While it dried I made a template of the fuselage door from aluminum foil burnished to show the outline, then used this to create a new door (I have an open door policy).

pcLewMC.jpg

aojbNgF.jpg

cD4hrz8.jpg

70YCeXU.jpg

The last is a pic of the insert before I've added the cutouts. Next I will be forming these to a curve, then cut away the door.

Cheers, Tom

Ron,

Good call! I hadn't thought of this, thanks. If I botch the scratchbuild I might pursue this, but I am having lot of fun with the scratchbuild, and it might be closer to scale thickness.

Cheers, Tom

Just a brief update: finished the waist window relocation by adding, blending, and riveting the original position. I blended the interior as well, and fortunately this will be mostly hidden by the ammo bin:

nFpgSXN.jpg

PlPZPA0.jpg

As I write this I'm forming the curve to the rear door, and then I'll open this up as well.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Oliver,

Thanks for stopping by! I haven't had the opportunity to go inside one but would like to for the perspective.

Cheers, Tom

They are giving rides here in Los Angeles this week. A bit pricy for me but i wouldn't mind sharing a piece of history for 30 minutes flight.