J7W1

fastzx

Going to try and finish this one.

J7W1 Shinden

It is my first attempt at scratch and after looking at it I'm going to have to re-do some shapes and components.

This will give me motivation to rework and finish my first all-scratch japanese experimental fighter I've always wanted.

If I can do this maybe my scratch B-26 Marauder won't be so intimidating.

Jon

post-791-1236012737.jpg

I have this so far BUT I'm going to have some cockpit rework, engine contours and vents rework, gun installs, and redo the airfoil on mainplanes to give a thicker profile to the wings as well as scribe, assemble and paint, decal and weather.

I have no idea if I will make it even at this stage of construction but I would like to finish it!

post-791-1236013610.jpg

That looks like a fantastic project Jon, but there's a potential problem that you may need to clarify with LSP_Dave. Entries are supposed to be no more than 25% complete, though that's obviously a pretty hard figure to deduce for a model kit. Just PM Dave and discuss it with him (apologies if you already have).

Kev

That looks like a fantastic project Jon, but there's a potential problem that you may need to clarify with LSP_Dave. Entries are supposed to be no more than 25% complete, though that's obviously a pretty hard figure to deduce for a model kit. Just PM Dave and discuss it with him (apologies if you already have).

Kev

Kev

That's fine by me if it goes in here or some other forum, It's roughed in but by no means finalized and don't know if I'll finish it by the deadline anyway I'm easy ;)

:rolleyes:

Well built kits sometimes fall together and some kits don't and this scratchbuilding is new to me - this is my first all from scratch project, and I've only done some simple mods like the KI-100 and a backdated P-38,

My F4U-1 backdate did not make the carrier build deadline, so I'm not gonna be first I'm sure.

I'm really open to whatever guys.

Jon

I'm OK with waiving the 25% bit, especially since this is a scratch project of such a unique subject. Have at it!

Thanks Dave,

I just want to participate and i don't want anyone upset about me tagging along.

Loic's build was an inspiration to us all and I can't say enough about his fine solutions for his Kate.

I'll try and explain evrything I can about this build, but my 8 year old starts baseball practice at 6:45 am this Saturday and seveal times a week so that is my priority right now ...that and finding a job after my layoff.

So modeling is a 3rd place at best proposition right now. Ok maybe 4th after me trying to sart an aviation art print paintings business.

If everyone is OK with me tagging along in this build I sure appreciate it but fully understand the issue.

Thanks everyone, and I'm looking forward to some great looking planes (Japanese) from you all

Cheers,

Jon

Wow. What a cool project! I can't imagine scratch building a whole plane - and this one is unique and germane to the GB. Press on...I'm looking forward to seeing more.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost finished with my Corsair birdcage but ran across this on the "Magnificent Lightning" Kyusha J7W1 test flight footage

I thought you might like to see.

Will be getting on this one soon.

Jon