New resin flaps for new Revell P-51D!

109ace

I just added my second resin set for this kit. This set replaces the deformed kit flaps with straight resin units. Easy to install with a couple of cuts to the lower wing.. Available direct from me right here, or on Ebay. $6 per set with $3 USA shipping. International buyer welcome. Just ask for shipping quote before buying. Paypal to Kmartin512@sbcglobal.net using Goods and Services. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-1-32-P-51D-5NA-Mustang-Resin-Replacement-Flaps/302640270074

27973078_1577723295644133_13711511006604

Edited by 109ace

I just added my second resin set for this kit. This set replaces the deformed kit flaps...

I have built this kit already and the kit flaps are by no means deformed. Why are you implying such inaccuracies? This is now the second inaccuracy that you are implying in your advertisements for new resin parts; I believe the first inaccuracy stated by you was the now corrected metal rudder? I applaud your tenacity to provide modelers with a new resin fillet - however, I do not support the dissemination of such generalities regarding perceived inaccuracies! This kit is one of the best engineered and researched kits I have ever built.

Cheers

Alan

I have built this kit already and the kit flaps are by no means deformed. Why are you implying such inaccuracies? This is now the second inaccuracy that you are implying in your advertisements for new resin parts; I believe the first inaccuracy stated by you was the now corrected metal rudder? I applaud your tenacity to provide modelers with a new resin fillet - however, I do not support the dissemination of such generalities regarding perceived inaccuracies! This kit is one of the best engineered and researched kits I have ever built.

Cheers

Alan

I couldn't have said it better, well put!!

ok, have the kit myself, no sink marks noticeable, but if they were present, it's easy to be solved with putty, so we're talking "adjusting and improving" existing parts, ......................no replacements neccessary if you ask me.........

I looked at mine. If you look along the width of the flaps toward a light source, I see some shallow sink marks. Also, along some of the trailing edges, I see what looks like chips of plastic missing in the surface. However, I don't see any warping, and it all looks easily fixable.

I don't have the P-51 kit yet, but if I were ordering the tail kit for $16.00, for only an additional $11.00 here in the U.S. would be a no-brainer.

But of course, I would appreciate some guidance regarding the preferred markings decal set and paint scheme that would go with the finned tail.

I guess the reason the idea doesn't bother me is building the older AM-Tech P-40 kits with the included all-resin noses and tails to make them correct got me past the thought of such a thing being a "sacrilege"

Edited by Gigant

It's not too hard to figure it out, when you look at decal sets, look for it to identify P-51D-5 NA, if it has a tail fillet, then it's an add on. Also, I believe some-10's and -15's could be used, with other appropriate mods. Or if it does not bother you, use it as is, with the decals you want.

It's not too hard to figure it out, when you look at decal sets, look for it to identify P-51D-5 NA, if it has a tail fillet, then it's an add on. Also, I believe some-10's and -15's could be used, with other appropriate mods. Or if it does not bother you, use it as is, with the decals you want.

Thank you!

I find this much more constructive then "huffing-and-puffing" over our budding entrepreneur's words.

I'm looking forward to it being more available on this side of "the pond"!

I promise you, I am not into buying AM sets of any kind without the model kit in hand.

Still, I would appreciate not seeing the appearance of our new friend being "ganged-up" on by a pair of 15 year web-site veterans, if you please.

Edited by Gigant

Just had a look at mine, and they do have very noticeable sink marks in their middle - though I hadn't noticed them before - factoring the cost to rectify oneself, a $6 solution does seem a bargain.

To bring a bit of balance, Eduard are releasing a resin prop where the one in the kit looks great to me.

Just had a look at mine, and they do have very noticeable sink marks in their middle - though I hadn't noticed them before - factoring the cost to rectify oneself, a $6 solution does seem a bargain.

To bring a bit of balance, Eduard are releasing a resin prop where the one in the kit looks great to me.

I picked up the Eduard prop, and don't think it's really worth it, unless you want to show the front of the spinner removed. Better hub detail and details inside the spinner, but all pretty much hidden once it's all assembled. Their exhausts are nice, though.