Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E soon

KAGNEW

Quite right; but North Africa was "Roundels of the World Part 1", which has gone by the wind long ago :tumble:

Not to mention that some of the decals insignias were questionable, flags for the rudder not handed for both sides, and that some designs of the roundels changed over the decades.

Guess I have to look for other decal sets that contain Ethiopian roundels too. Think Su-27, Sabre or Mig-17. Well, thats part of the fun :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

Well the profiles are misleading

Brazilian and Mexican Tigers have revo probe and the rudder extension. Both Adversary Tigers are F-5N, and the other two U.S. Tigers are basic F-5E.

So all are different versions and they are shown here in same configuration as F-5N.

Does this mean all this parts will be inside the box..?

hi

I hope that the area behind the headrest  is well detailed , this place is very complex and incorpore the opening canopy system .. I remember that " black box avionix" did a whole resin cockpit ( dedicated to the hasegawa kit) and  had nicely detailed this area

Alain

f5dp_8.jpg

Quite right; but North Africa was "Roundels of the World Part 1", which has gone by the wind long ago :tumble:

Not to mention that some of the decals insignias were questionable, flags for the rudder not handed for both sides, and that some designs of the roundels changed over the decades.

Guess I have to look for other decal sets that contain Ethiopian roundels too. Think Su-27, Sabre or Mig-17. Well, thats part of the fun :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

Dutik check out Lindehill Decals. I think he may have what you're looking for

Great suggestion. Checked them - they have indeed Ethiopian roundels on the Mig-23 sheet. EthAF recieved first Mig-23BNs at the end of the Ogaden war and used them for ground attack againts the Somalian forces as well as against insurgents in Ogaden county.

But these are the late roundels with a "soviet style" center star, introduced by the Derg (communist leadership) after switching alliance from US to Soviets. The F-5s used the former style of center star, that looked more like a snow star. So I am still looking for proper Ethiopian roundels.

But thank you - LindenHill was an idea I didn't consider before.

Regards

- dutik

• 2 months later...