Videoaviation - USN Mk83/BLU-110 bombs

onosendai

Can you make some without the coating? Been waiting "forever" for the plain original Mk.83s but seems only the ablative ones are being made.

Really the surface coating is very light, with some sanding maybe you can get a smooth surface, however I wouldn't have trouble making a slick version shortly.

Really the surface coating is very light, with some sanding maybe you can get a smooth surface, however I wouldn't have trouble making a slick version shortly.

Thanks good to hear the slicks are coming. I'll wait for those then, I'm not sure I could sand these coated ones consistently smooth since I'm looking for six of them.

• 2 months later...

Hi Maurizio, Vietnam Mk.83s (green) had yellow or black decals? I need 9 pcs. but I'd like to color them green.

(I suppose black over dark green can't be seen).

ciao

Edited by Luca

p.s. so Vietnam USN mk.83s were slick body and not rough?

Majority of the 83s were not coated in Vietnam. These originals would be ideal for USMC and also majority of USN even up to late in the war.

Can still see the 83s even in 1972 without the thermal coating here on 505 (with a coated 82, and other non-coated single stripe nosed examples in the background aircraft too show the coating was still sporadic at that time):

1280px-A-4F_VA-55_CVA-19_1972.JPEG

Edited by ziggyfoos

• 1 month later...

any news about not coated Mk.83 Navy green bombs (with yellow stencilling)? I need 12 pcs.

long times unfortunately, I hope within a couple of months, the decals have very long delivery times.