Nap time Academy 1/35 MH-60S

Wrlss911Pro

Hi All,

Sorry about the quiet period.  Not a lot to update and I have been really busy with, you know, life.

Here is where I stand with my MH-60S:

E5AF62C1-372B-4C5A-9B73-3EEBB080B764_zps

Decals going on.  For those of you building this kit, the decals are too thick - standard academy. Lay in lots of Micro set and Micro Sol,  lots and lots of micro sol. After the decals have dried I have been going back and trimming out fil. so lots of sharp #11 blades.  Oliver, you should be good in that respect! :-)

DD417BCE-4092-42A4-A450-58E22B22C658_zps

CC25B9A2-D3C1-4A83-9954-694B540D1BE4_zps

I ended being happy with the cockpit hatches.  Let's see how I feel when I mount them.

6BE392B5-D106-4302-BAAE-91D61829639C_zps

Here I am really please with the Eduard PE kit.  I am excited to weather the main cabin doors.

7162BB7C-6B4D-4C8A-959B-CD11A99A3E50_zps

Overhead

5AD9A605-A157-4B7D-84A1-DC2627F2D47B_zps

Starboard side

CBBD7FE7-9681-4D7B-91E9-4CB9028D1068_zps

The belly of the beast.  I know the cargo hook is backwards. I just don't want to dig it out.

I have some touch up painting and some more decals to place I have also started the rotor assemblies.  Once I have remounted the canopy, I will seal it in flat and begin weathering. 

Cheers,

Paul

• 1 year later...

I am so disappointed in this kit. really poor fit, especially with the canopy. I ended up buying a second kit just for the canopy.

On the up side, the Eduard aftermarket PE set is amazing.

I am about to wrap it up. I am considering building the second kit pretty much OOB. I might add the extra Eduard PE though. I really like how that worked out.

Did I say how much I liked the Eduard PE sets? :innocent:

bLzt8h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am calling this done. Very frustrating build. I am so, so disappointed in fit. Not being able to fit the canopy correctly just wrecked the build for me. I have finished, but I am going no farther with my planned diorama.maybe the next one.

Here are the final pics. I used the shapeways printed hinges for the rotors. I still have a little touch up paint to do and a mask to remove on the canopy.

q7EH9B.jpg

aVcUfg.jpg

Uz0XAA.jpg

Edited by Wrlss911Pro