Ah-sogawa Ki-43 Oscar II

wingman777

Of Course Igor is a modeler,note his optivisor. Thats why he has that huge hup on his shoulder...its from being bent over a model table for hours, no...days at the time. MWAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHA!!

scuse me while I clean coffee off my keyboard :lol:

Okay guys, back to the build and enough with all the silly horror crap...how childish. See, here it is...I can build a model in the proper fashion just like the rest of you. It's all clean and smooth, no crazy stuff.

post-345-1255457432.jpg

Here's a shot where you see the instrument panel so you see, there was nothing to worry about and no reason for all those villagers to bum rush my house with torches and pitchforks. Thats all so 18th century anyway really, couldn't they just text me?

post-345-1255461838.jpg

Here, view the gory details of medical procedures untried by ordinary physicians. They call me mad and I call it genius :evil_laugh: ...you'll see. Yes, yes...more maniacal laughter, ha ha I know it gets old. Be terrified by the complete abandon for proper protocol and witness the wrecklessness of a mind unfettered by fear of what other men may say.

post-345-1255462472.jpg

Such wretchedness, purely wicked. See styrene so selfishly severed by a saw and seek to say it speedily six times. Exposed wires, tendons, arteries...who can bear this modeling macabre...but its all in good fun and humor.

post-345-1255464579.jpg

Its not my fault really, just an active imagination. I think it all started years ago when a neighborhood boy asked me to repair and repaint his very ordinary football helmet. Give it some team spirit he said. Well I added more than he intended and came up with this imitation of Venom from the Spiderman comics. Hey, its still modeling but in 1/1 scale.

post-345-1255464822.jpg

Now comes the really scary parts of kit building to me...the seams. I really like this kit and already want to build another one but it has some issues. The wing to fuselage join is not that good and I had to lay a thick bead of milliput on there which means hours of sanding. I used some CA on another seam and spent lots of time scrubbing and it still isn't right. Note the red and yellow candy in the bag in the background..well if this is going to be a Trick or Treat build there has to be candy..right?

post-345-1255552038.jpg

Whoever designed this kit for Hasegawa must've also done the Me-163. They are both very nice overall but both have insane panel lines that run right through the middle of the textured flying surfaces on the underside of the wing. This could've been avoided easily and it makes a real headache for the modeler. See, here is another bead of milliput to be scuffed and such. There was a slot in the wing to hold the wing tanks of bombs but I filled it with milliput because I don't want to use the hard points under the wing.

post-345-1255552292.jpg