Paul Richey's Hurricane MK I

pappy1

Hi Neal---if you go to 'tips, techniques' etc. and type in (search) RAF roundels the article is still there.

Cheers, dave.

Hey thanks again Dave,I appreciate the help...Neal,,,,,Pappy1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm almost to the line.I got some R.A.F. letters from Colorado but unfortunately they are the latter style letters (42-45) but they are close.Also I carefully cut out some holes to use clear landing lites from a spitfire in the wings of my hurricane.Because the wings were resin I used cyno glue to put them on.Now I know not to use cyno glue on clear parts so I used Elmer's clear on the clear lenses,but what I didn'tpost-5839-1258420005.jpg know is that the out gasing will still affect the clear parts just by being next to them.Well live and learn....Pappy...Neal I also want to thank Dave for all the help on markings and info Cheers Mate...Neal

post-5839-1258420365.jpg

Hello Neal,

Beautiful model - you did a fantastic job of converting it. Now I have seen some clear pictures of the conversion, I think that with hind sight, I would have liked to have moved the gun ports on the wings up just a smidgin more when I first made them! Thanks for posting this build Neal.

Cheers

Derek

Hello Neal,

Beautiful model - you did a fantastic job of converting it. Now I have seen some clear pictures of the conversion, I think that with hind sight, I would have liked to have moved the gun ports on the wings up just a smidgin more when I first made them! Thanks for posting this build Neal.

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek I am really pleased with the wings. I don't know about the gun ports I think they are pretty close to being spot on any way they are beautiful work.Thanks ...Neal

Looking great Neal!

Cheers,

Håkan

Hi, Neal,

Now that looks fantastic------those wings look just right ( i defer to Derek's critique of his own work)----and I see what he means--BUT you have to be 'nit picking' indeed to complain about that---super resin Derek--no mistake (Iv'e done it the hard way twice once in 24th. and once in 32nd.).

A pleasure to see her Neal.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...