Paul Richey's Hurricane MK I

pappy1

Neal from the start of this build I knew I had to give Grey Matter Figures a shout and ended up getting the two-blade prop,fabric wings.I already have the cockpit form when it initially came out.If you run out of kit parts let me know,I have a bunch of them.Great work on the old girl...cheers...Dave

Thanks Dave its alot of fun,I wish I had more time to work on it,but you know how that goes....Pappy1..Neal

• 2 weeks later...
The detail on those wings looks wonderful. Are they solid wings ? and if so, will the gear hold the weight ?

Cheers

Vaughn

Yes Vaughn they are solid wings,and I am a little nervous about the weight on the gear.I may try to beef up the gear with some brass tubing,I am not sure....Neal

Yes Vaughn they are solid wings,and I am a little nervous about the weight on the gear.I may try to beef up the gear with some brass tubing,I am not sure....Neal

You could always have her 'bellied in' on the beach, a casualty of the fighting.... :clap2:

You could always have her 'bellied in' on the beach, a casualty of the fighting.... :clap2:

Hey thats not a bad idea,alot of the early Hurricanes were lost in France at the beginning of the war....Neal

Hey thats not a bad idea,alot of the early Hurricanes were lost in France at the beginning of the war....Neal

There are lots of shots around of Luftwaffe pilots visiting downed Hurricanes and from what I hear, Master Box are coming out with a bunch of Pilots and ground crew that would fit into such a scene perfectly.

Cheers

Vaughn

Wow Neal...you've been busy!Great to see an old kit all re-worked.I really like those fabric wings from GMF...very cool build sir...cheers

Thanks Dave,Its starting to come together.I got another set of cockpits and a wheel bay to do a hard wing MKI but that's in the future HA HA ....Neal

I converted the Revell kit into a fabric winger a few years ago using the Warbirds resin parts.

Did it with Belgian markings printed by LSP Ray

bel.jpg

Beware of the weight of the resin wings on the plastic LG. It holds, but only just !

This should answer your Q about the LG legs.

I used the ones from the kit and there OK.Best is to use superglue for a stronger bond.

Hi again all,I got some painting done although I'mpost-5839-1255896929.jpg not real pleased with the color match.I used model master acryl

RAF dark green and RAF Red Brown instead of the dark brown.The tri color fin flash was painted with model master also,in the RAF style of the late 1930s. and the underside was painted black and white.