Hi Mike

I'm pretty sure there's one of these (lighters) at RNAS Yeovilton. Saw it in the hangers of the reserve collection.  This means there could be modern detail images of one around. Also anyone going to the open day (once a year, not sure when) could get you some snaps...

Matt

Hi Mike, I'm new to LSP but I was just reading about your WW1solo challenge that Felixstowe is one huge plane and looking at the picture of one on a lighter and your comment on the challenge of scratch building one, well I have it on good authority that ther is a kit being produced for a 1/32 Lighter at present which will be part resin and part etch so the gods must be looking down on you.

Regards Steve N. (Hope this helps.).

Bill, I thnk he still has those in stock but don't delay if you want wheel sets!

Bigsteve, this is superb news, any chance you know an estimated release date? My scratch building skills are terrible and I don't have much patience for it so if there's a kit option, I'll definitely be buying one. Woo!

With the exception of the control horns, here are all the remaining Gotha parts that need to be wood grained - this may take a while!

I'm still trying to perfect a technique I like to depict dark wood grains as are appropriate with the majority of these parts, does anyone have a great technique they'd be so kind as to share? Unless I royally mess up the first try, the parts will only be painted once so that the building can continue.  Once I'm done with an industry certification exam in 2 weeks time, I'll have a lot more time to build so February should be a blast!

:piliot:

12.jpg

Hi Mike,  The Lighter unit I mentioned is being produced by Scale Warship a good friend of mine is on of the directors of the company and is a big fan of WNW aircraft and is at the moment making a Felixstowe his self and wants to put his on a Lighter. They will be doing them in 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72 and I have seen some of the masters already myself, these have been produced in 3D cad and look stunning and will be full of superb detail so I'll keep you informed of progress if you like.

I have had luck making wood grain with a variety of brown oils with a rough brush over Tamiya Buff base coat (sealed with clear before adding the oil). There are also any number of AM decals with grain.

Hi Bill, Have you tried RB Models wood grain etch sheets they work superbly well and it's an easy way to get superd wood grain. This is a simple method that gives super results just by changing your base colours you can replicate different woods.

regards Steve.

Hi Bill, Have you tried RB Models wood grain etch sheets they work superbly well and it's an easy way to get superd wood grain. This is a simple method that gives super results just by changing your base colours you can replicate different woods.

regards Steve.

I've got one of those, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet. Perhaps I should!

Kev

Steve I'll have to check out the wood grain etch, not sure I'm familiar with that product.  Here's today's minimal progress - testing out the MisterKit paints on the Gotha stabilizers using the LVG-built blue and dark violet colors.  These look pretty darn good to my eye! 

The colors aren't an exact science on the Wingnut instructions; they call out XF18 medium blue if using Tamiya paints. This color also looks good but it's noticeably darker than this blue and going by MisterKit's reputation for best-researched colors, these are -probably- the better bet.  I have been using Tamiya almost exclusively for the last decade and it's only in the last few months I tested Mr. Color and MisterKit.  Both spray quite well and seem to adhere nicely. It's nice to vary it up from time to time and I'm glad I discovered them!

13.jpg

Steve I'll have to check out the wood grain etch, not sure I'm familiar with that product.  Here's today's minimal progress - testing out the MisterKit paints on the Gotha stabilizers using the LVG-built blue and dark violet colors.  These look pretty darn good to my eye! 

The colors aren't an exact science on the Wingnut instructions; they call out XF18 medium blue if using Tamiya paints. This color also looks good but it's noticeably darker than this blue and going by MisterKit's reputation for best-researched colors, these are -probably- the better bet.  I have been using Tamiya almost exclusively for the last decade and it's only in the last few months I tested Mr. Color and MisterKit.  Both spray quite well and seem to adhere nicely. It's nice to

Mike that looks absolutely stunning have you put a Mattcoat on yet because it's beautiful and flat Finnish. Love the sutle weathering that's flowing with the airflow very, very nice.
Your making me jealous. Edited by LSP_Kevin

Guest Peterpools

Mike

Always tinkering with new paints and colors. It is amazing how many different colors there are of the same color.

Looking good

Keep 'em coming

Peter