Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair finished 5/14/15

Daywalker

Nice ride Frank, I am the little evil voice in the back of your head, that is saying "Lift it!,Lift it!,Lift it!" :)

Cheers

M.

Cheers Martin! Sorry mate, no lift kit in my future- spent all of my $$$ on the truck already!

That is one beautiful Truck Frank!! I would love to own something like that here in the UK, but with gas costing the equivalent of $10 a gallon, it would be a little silly!! I recently sold my 2008 Mustang GT, and miss it... I love American cars!!

Now, onto those Corsairs, start a build thread please...right away!!

Greetings Nige! Thank you, and thank goodness that fuel is not that much here. If it were, I bet there would be thousands of trucks and SUV's for sale CHEAP! Sorry you sold that GT, those are sweet cars.

Same here .. time to enjoy the Corsair build

keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter! I have been working on the Corsair, cleaning up all of the cockpit parts. There are a lot of them to do, will get some photos of them so far tomorrow. So far, so good! Came across a couple of very nice features, as well as a question on the Corsair seat. The Tamiya Mustang kit's early seat had the center rolled part, and the separate side pieces. The Corsair seat has the center rolled part and the side pieces come up half way, leaving a strange seam on the side. I'll get some photos of it tonight when I get home from work, but in the meantime- does anyone have a good photo of an early Corsair seat? Most of the photos I have found either do not show the sides of it or are restorations with different seats.

So, it's done now right? Everyone says these big Tamiya kits can be built by just dumping glue in the box and shaking for ten minutes. It's been a few days, this should already be collecting dust on the shelf. :innocent:

I am very interested in this build, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it Frank. :popcorn:

In other news, don't lift your truck. I see way too many of those around where I live, always seem to be driven by people with no brain and horrible taste in music....

Matt

Frank

Thanks for the info on the seat. Eagerly looking forward to your first update with photos

Thanks Peter! I ended up gluing up the seat, and using a little Surfacer 500 to fill in the small gaps. Also needed to fill three ejector pin marks on the control stick ( a bit tricky to do actually) as well as 18 more on the fuselage sides. Still getting these sorted out, as the round fuselage and stringer detail makes sanding them out a bit tricky. Hope to get some photos soon, my photo booth is torn down at the moment for renovation.

Looking forward to this build. Have fun with it.

I´m, eagerly, waiting for it to hit the shelves, here in Holland.

Remmert

Thank you Remmert! So far, I am quite impressed with this kit! So much so, that I ordered a third one yesterday! :frantic:

So, it's done now right? Everyone says these big Tamiya kits can be built by just dumping glue in the box and shaking for ten minutes. It's been a few days, this should already be collecting dust on the shelf. :innocent:

I am very interested in this build, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it Frank. :popcorn:

In other news, don't lift your truck. I see way too many of those around where I live, always seem to be driven by people with no brain and horrible taste in music....

Matt

Cheers Matt, thank you for looking in! These things do just about build themselves. I like this type of build very much, low stress building so I can spend more time painting and detailing. And don't worry- no lift for me!

Waiting here to see the first pics of your build, too! Taking a seat in the first row.

apple%20service%20smilie%20pope2.gif

Thanks Thomas, hope to get some pics up beginning of next week!

Now, OPEN THE BOX !

CAST-Software-Black-Box-Of-IT.jpg

Haha...done!

OK, so what's inside???

Lots of plastic, very good stuff! Here's a link to the in box review on Hyperscale, hope that helps!

Tamiya Corsair

OK.....nice truck....bah blah blah.....now let's see some pics and start slinging some glue...lol :D

Soon! Very soon hopefully.

Awesome movie, sorry for the delay!

Frank firstly that is a very pristine SUPER truck....so how you gonna weather it... :pilot:

And It is great to see you are starting another WINGY thingy ...ahhhh.....Corsair.. :wub:

Looking forward to this one for sure...

:thumbsup:

Reminder to MYSELF.. Must not buy book before model...{ just bought the Corsair book from ......Kagero}

Cheers Maru, thanks for looking in! Will have some updates soon, very soon I hope!

• 5 months later...

It's been a long time since I have visited this build, too long in fact!  These Tamiya uber-kits always have the same effect on me, once I have all of the cockpit bits cleaned up to be painted, I am overwhelmed by the sheer number of parts and painting steps!  I typically put the project aside for a few months, then pull it back out to press on.  In this case, I did so about a week ago.  Once I began painting and weathering, the job seemed to pick up speed, and as she stands the cockpit is finished as well as the salmon primer in the tailgear bay.  Once the fuselage halves are joined, I know I will be back in the saddle on this one!

I ignored the Tamiya recommendations for color mixes in the manual, and instead did some home brew mixing to get the shades I wanted.  Thanks for looking in!

002-1.jpg

008.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Edited by Daywalker