Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 JG 300 Wilde Sau...*Completed*

BradG

Well I managed to find myself a Revell 109G at half price during the swap and sell over the weekend, but unfortunately I was unable to find any decals, so the exact aircraft is still to be decided, but the Revell kit looks pretty nice. I may do a JG 300 Wilde Sau aircraft, or if I can find them, the Finnish used the G-6 as a night fighter post war.

88Bhtqx.jpg

Edited by BradG

I've decided on a colour scheme, it shall be yellow 7, a Bf 109G-6/R3 of 1/JG 300. I couldn't find any decal sheet but figure the 7 is easy enough to paint on. The rest of the markings look pretty stock standard. I'd say a yellow cowl under and rudder too that have been kinda roughly overpainted with black.

wMi7sFQ.jpg

9qyCWlB.jpg

Nice choice Brad. A 109 is always welcome but which camo? From the profile it seems a strange worn out white camo.

Anyway I have the same kit on my desk so I'll follow you with interest. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Ciao

Filippo

I'd say it's RLM 74/75/76, RLM 04 rudder and lower cowling with a RLM 66 grey windscreen and canopy with black roughly sprayed over the markings and lower surfaces.

Some more minor construction, the clamped part is a section of tail wheel. The exhaust stacks are in and I've cut out and cleaned up all the cockpit sections which are awaiting some paint, but I can't be bothered tonight, the cricket is about to start! Also I don't know why Revell wasn't able to engineer their kit to accept the exhaust from the outside, it would have made painting and weathering much easier. There's a few odd things on this kit like that.

ycycxnK.jpg

Good start Brad.   It feels odd having all of that open engine cover off on the fuselage halves. You would think that would lead to all sorts of cowl and gun cover fit problems VS just making the fuselage whole, and possibly making some inside weakened panel lines for the cowl instead. 

Looking forward to some more progress! 

Good start Brad.   It feels odd having all of that open engine cover off on the fuselage halves. You would think that would lead to all sorts of cowl and gun cover fit problems VS just making the fuselage whole, and possibly making some inside weakened panel lines for the cowl instead. 

I think they were looking to maximize the amount of variants they can make from one mold. They do give you a fair few parts to do an early and late G-6,  could probably make a G-14 out of the parts included as well.

Good start Brad. It feels odd having all of that open engine cover off on the fuselage halves. You would think that would lead to all sorts of cowl and gun cover fit problems VS just making the fuselage whole, and possibly making some inside weakened panel lines for the cowl instead.

It also means there's a seam on either side which needs filling, something that I didn't realise when I built mine till nearly too late. Brad, I think Chris Wauchop on HS. has built a Bf109 in these markings. Edited by mozart