1/32 Northrop F-5A/B/C/D Freedom Fighter & T-38 Talon

SharkOwl

Dear forum members and our modeller friends;

I saw this subject in the forum by chance in the weekend. I am glad your interest to our F-5A, F-5B and T-38 Talon projects. I felt bad for the negative presumptions/claims written about HAF decal option. I wish you had asked us first.

As you already know, TANMODEL is a scale plastic model kit manufacturer. None of our options are political. Because we are not politicians or military authority (naturally none of the Turkish authority is interested in/tracking decal options in the box content(s) of TANMODEL). What TANMODEL focuses solely on is launching the best possible kit for modellers.

In the first batch of our RF-84F kit HAF decal was included. We changed and/or renewed not only HAF but also other options. In decal options, we make choices as per the requests from the new markets that we have not made sales and from modellers/distributors. This logic applies to all kit manufacturers. If kit manufaturers consider politically, a German kit manufacturer will not make Spitfire model and/or a Japanese kit manufacturer will not offer USAF decal option in F-4E Phantom kits.

If the financial crisis does not continue in Greece and if we have a distributor, we would perhaps consider differenetly for RF-84F HAF decal option. Because, I have Greek modeller friends and they invite TANMODEL to all modelling events.

There will be IDEF 2017 military exhibition in Turkey. We received special order from some companies in Turkish defense industry. Therefore, we changed our project schedule. Our F-5A, F-5B projects will arrive with a never seen before novelty in modelling industry. F-5A and F-4E kits will of course include HAF decal option for the modellers who like weathering.

I would like to write you something about our 1/32 scale Buccaneer project if it was not extremely classified, but I am not writing! :piliot:

Regards,

Baris TANSOY

TANMODELâ„¢

Thanks very much for the forthright answer that addresses this particular issue, Baris. The web is fraught with folks that make assumptions and draw false conclusions, then argue about same, and it's very refreshing indeed to get the straight story directly from the manufacturer.

Dear Mr. Tansoy dear LSP Gentlemen,

I read above, that I fraught the web with my statements so if is that so, I apologize for this. But I will save this topic as a favorite and when the Kits will be out and will have HAF decals as you mentioned above, then I will apologize once more and for sure.

sincerely

M. Sk. 

I read above, that I fraught the web with my statements so if is that so, I apologize for this. But I will save this topic as a favorite and when the Kits will be out and will have HAF decals as you mentioned above, then I will apologize once more and for sure.

sincerely

M. Sk. 

Just buy, build, and enjoy them. Unlike the F-5F, the F-5B didn't ever do much for me, until I saw the recently posted HAF bird, nice.

here are some of the many paint schemes on HAF F-5s

16587011_10211462297373639_6926156623621

The camos are:

1. silver dope and day glo orange (last one only on the RFs)

2. SEA scheme, one of the greens turned to grey due to the greek sun)

3. Aegean blue/Silver (taken over from the Mirage F1 and adapted also for the F-4E)

4. SEA minor scheme (ex Jordan ac. came with it to GR and flown with it for years)

5, Ghost scheme adapted from the F-16C

6. SEA on the RF (RFs never flown with other schemes other silver and SEA)

7. Mirage 2000 scheme as the last scheme painted

9. Again ghost scheme on the B

not ilustrated here are the NF-5A/B schemes and the silver/red paint of the aerobatic team new hellenic flame

Edited by Menelaos

sincerely

M. Sk. 

My statement certainly wasn't  directed specifically at you, Menelaos, but more of a generalization that the web is frequently abuzz with false information, regardless of origin, and manufacturers are the only true source of information that I tend to believe.

My statement certainly wasn't  directed specifically at you, Menelaos, but more of a generalization that the web is frequently abuzz with false information, regardless of origin, and manufacturers are the only true source of information that I tend to believe.

Kevin no problem as I pm you the case is closed for me...