"Old Revell" Kiwi Corsair ; FINISHED

Allok

Allok - looking stunning now!

Why did I bother getting the Black Box resin - this is inspiring stuff... :)

Iain

Cheers Iain.

I never did like the resin myself. Too expensive anyway.

This one's probably a little over the top though.

I love your scratchbuilding...lovely and neat. Going back a bit to your engine...the ignition harness looks great..it that round section styrene rod that has been curved. How do you get it to hold the shape so uniformly?

Super stuff.. ;)

Cheers Matty

Going back a bit to your engine...the ignition harness looks great..it that round section styrene rod that has been curved. How do you get it to hold the shape so uniformly?

Super stuff.. :)

Cheers Matty

I wrap it round a srewdriver. The trick is to over-bend the styrene rod and then glue it in place before it changes its mind.

Of course, this all done under strict supervision!

post-1256-1167684408.jpg

My gilfriend is always reminding me that it's what inside that counts. Well, so far I've glued over 150 bits of plastic into this fuselage and I'm not up to the tricky part yet.

The ribs are all half mil styrene cut into strips.

post-1256-1167691674.jpg

Guys,

If allok keeps this up and the rest of us are doing as to an average build or so.I think were in a bunch of trouble and we have woke a sleeping giant to coin a certain the phrase here.But the detail is OFF the WALL.Keep it up allok and when u'er ready for vac i'll help all i can.Larry

Mate, you're doing a great job. Inspiring.

Watch the feline assistant.

Mine was supervising my work the other night, pushed a couple of parts around, then hopped off the bench and sprayed part of my stash! A Hase 109 G-6, no less.

He's never done anything remotely similar before. Sod.

Anyway, Corsair's looking great.

Cheers

Ian

Main wheel wells tonight/this morning, depending on where you are. I'll probably have to slow down a bit now that the holidays are over... and I have to finish re-decorating the bathroom. (Life interrupting my model building!)

post-1256-1167808033.jpg

Oh... alright then.

This time, a shot of the new exhaust pipes.

Although reasonably accurate, the surface detail on this kit is a bit understated in a few areas.

If I did nothing else on this kit, I would still do this.

post-1256-1167888282.jpg

The tricky stuff is now underway. This shot shows the pedals and some of the piping.

Also note the piece of copper wire for the hose and an old bit of sprue for the bottle.

post-1256-1167975773.jpg

You bet, don't think I'll have time to finish two though.

But then again...

I sure hope you can get a second entry in.

I see you posted the Stuka in your "next" builds.

Would that be with the snakedecal ?

I see you posted the Stuka in your "next" builds.

Would that be with the snakedecal ?

This is indeed a snake stuka, however...

I bought the stuka from Ebay already partially built, which means that I will have to have to do that "re-animator" thing again. The snake decals are long gone but I do have a very nice set of Rudel decals, I think they're from Eagle Strike.

After checking the stash, it appears I've also got a 110-G, a 262 Nightfighter, Mosquito and a Typhoon. The mosquito will end up being a FB version with a resin nose and vac canopy. I want to copy the cockpit cage in the Typoon before I build it ( For my Hurricane). The other two need tons of work so they'll just have to wait

The F-18 Larry mentioned is already on this site (not in the forums) but it's nearly finished so I can't enter it.

The easiest kit for me to enter next would probably be the P-40, but that one is also going to need a similar amount of work before I can be satisfied with it. Scratch built cockpits are fun and all but they chew up more that their fair share of time.

At the moment I am actually posting pics several days after I shoot them so I'm a little further ahead than I appear. The encouragement from you guys is certainly helping alot.

Keep watching, I've just done the motor. Recon it's better than the one in my Hellcat!