Car Door Typhoon

phoenix 54

Ladies and Gentlemen.....................................................................................

the wait is OVER!!!! Fresh off the Airfix e-mail:-

Coming in 2016, 1/24th Hawker 'Car Door' Typhoon,

let the celebrations commence :yahoo:  :clap2:  :m0152:

or not :crying:  :help:  :redx:

Paul  :wicked:

YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!  I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!  It just had to happen!  Yea, a Tempest would be nice too!  I'm sure the AM decal guys are already cranking up.  Think of all the possibilities for the early birds!  I can see it already.  A running pilot, with a fitter standing on the wing, holding the car door open.  Won't have to worry about those pesky rockets.  That just made my day.  Life is good.

Best regards

Patrick

Can't answer that one but it's worth trying. Can't be that much new tooling would be needed for the additional parts? I suppose it depends on how well the 2 versions sell.

Pretty much a complete retool actually. Totally different wing & fuselage forward of the cockpit, different tail too. They could probably reuse much of the engine sprue and possibly the tailplanes (not sure if the bubbletop kit has Tempest Tailplanes, I'd assume so).

Pretty much a complete retool actually. Totally different wing & fuselage forward of the cockpit, different tail too. They could probably reuse much of the engine sprue and possibly the tailplanes (not sure if the bubbletop kit has Tempest Tailplanes.

Different, yes but with some similarities.  The nose part, and canopy is obvious, with some similarities in the cockpit.  The vertical fin looks to me the same except for the dorsal fin extension, which gives it a totally different look.  The rudder also looks the same to me.  The bubble top kit does include the tempest tail planes.  Yes, a bunch of retooling would be required.  Gosh, we can dream, can't we?  Both very beautiful, and very sexy birds, parked or in flight.

Best regards

Patrick