Shinden-Kai WIP

logan181

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the cockpit is finished, I am now back in familiar territory. I have almost finished up the seam work, two points of concern for anyone who may attempt this kit in the future. The cowl ring will require some work, as well as the wing fuselage join on the lower surface, aft of the cockpit. Other than that assembly has been straight foreward, will post more later.

John

post-5601-1237328632.jpg

I'm planing to do the Revell N1K1 watching this close great seat ,what did you use for a pattern.

Pappy1

I had an eduard fret for the shiden in 1/48 scale, I scanned it and enlarged the image for the pattern.

John

Cockpit looks great. Nice work.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

That cockpit was my first real foray into the realm of scratch building, anyone can do it if they set their mind to it. Try to break it down into small sections and you wont become overwhelmed but the enormity of it. Thanks for the kind words..

John

This is a You Tube video of another Shiden survivor in Japan, they recovered it from a fresh water lake had to be, it almost looks like it could fly with a little bit of repair

John

This is a You Tube video of another Shiden survivor in Japan, they recovered it from a fresh water lake had to be, it almost looks like it could fly with a little bit of repair

John

John great video and also other great Japanese war videos on the thumbnails. Thanks Neal... Pappy1

I began preliminary painting on the George today. The IJN green is translucent so, I will have to build it up a little to ensure coverage. wings will be sprayed in a day or so, got to let the yellow dry completely before I mask it off.

John

post-5601-1238380397.jpg