Me109 G10 earla

shan

Hi All, just finished the Revelle 1/32 scale ME 109 G10. I did this one OOB, and tried out the German Mottling Camouflage. this is a trial run for my Hasegawa Fw 190D with all the aftermarket goodies. i posted these images on my facebook ac, and the main comment was about the splaying of the landing gears, unfortunately it cant be splayed out in the revelle kit, my left landing strut snapped. so its best to cut a wedge and insert a piece of plastic as the neck of the gear strut before gluing it into the slot at the wheel wells. The Revelle build guide was also a bit confusing, the paint guide does not match up with the description and some parts are numbered wrongly.

other than that, it was pretty easy and no real big issues.

hope you enjoy these pics

2_zpsoeeogdoz.jpg

10_zpsx3lr8dvw.jpg

11_zpsyrduimep.jpg

12_zpsqny1hty1.jpg

1%20copy_zpsltmikq5w.jpg

4_zpsw3d0r0bq.jpg

5_zps10nxtxuk.jpg

6_zpsg3w21c9l.jpg

7_zpsqngqe9xq.jpg

Nice job but I beg to differ on the ability to splay the gear in this kit, as every other build I have seen has them set correctly -- mine included.

Thanks CATC, i just cant wrap my head around why it ended up like that, i double checked last  night, and everything seemed to have slotted in well. others in other forums have suggested replacing them with the brassin bronze metal landing gears.

You know, I was just looking at mine, and I seem to remember now it being a little loose in that socket in the vertical plane, so I think I had to hold it in position until the cement set. I feel like there wasn't really much above the tab on the gear that goes into the socket, so there was nothing keeping the strut from angling downward too much -- if you get what I mean. When I held it in place I believe I held the bottom of that piece against the inside of the bottom of the wing rather than against the top. In other words, I think the bottom wing piece kept the tab on the gear from rotating down too far but the top wing piece did not keep it from rotating up, as it probably should have. Make sense?

Edited by CATCplSlade

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I was just looking at mine, and I seem to remember now it being a little loose in that socket in the vertical plane, so I think I had to hold it in position until the cement set. I feel like there wasn't really much above the tab on the gear that goes into the socket, so there was nothing keeping the strut from angling downward too much -- if you get what I mean. When I held it in place I believe I held the bottom of that piece against the inside of the bottom of the wing rather than against the top. In other words, I think the bottom wing piece kept the tab on the gear from rotating down too far but the top wing piece did not keep it from rotating up, as it probably should have. Make sense?

now that you've mentioned it, it does make sense. thanks

Very nice looking paint job!

The LG in my kit were also very loose fitting so I just used 5 minutes epoxy on my kit and I just kept comparing and adjusting the Revell LG to my already built Hasegawa kit until the glue started to set up and I was satisfied.

Anyway very nice job on your kit!!

Great paint work, especially for your first attempt at mottling.   The gear does distract from the look of the model a tiny bit, but it doesn't take away the nice job you did, and the experience gained working on the mottling. 

You'll just know better next time on the gear. Lessons learned are always good, as I seem to learn something on each build I do.