Resurecting A6M3 project

Loic

Thanks guys ;)

I found the charger and spare batteries back ... they were in that hudge mess I call "my desk".

So, here are some shots of the progress on the engine:

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

with the fire wall and mount now (not quite visible though...)

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

and with the back of the engine visible now. All the painting needs to be done here...

DSC04676.jpg

Cheers guys!!

Loic

Edited by Loic

Yea, what he said!.....Harv :popcorn:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hello Loïc,

it's good to see you back ! Anyway one ting is for sure: modeling is like riding bycicles, one does nor forget it, and you've kept your skils !

Using French is so much better than throwing names in English ! And in this case, it was to praise Loïc B)

Hubert.

I think I can safely say no matter our modeling style, we ALL got into it because for whichever aspect of it we enjoyed it.

I think a lot of us have gone through a bit of a modeling renaissance. Good luck on yours.......all the best, and keep in mind..............THIS IS FUN!!!! :lol:

Cheers,

Brian

Hubert, Brian, Harvey,

thanks buddies, you are just too good with me. I am actually having fun working on this zero again and I agree this is the most important thing afterall :D

Also, the baby is now almost 9 month old which means that I now have some "free time" again !

Put on side all the drama that goes with the actual "trip to Russville" GB and my deepest regrets not being able to participate to this tribute to my dear friend Russ, I have to say I now am rather impatient to find out what the next GB subject will be as I really like those GB.

The BOB one sounds interesting but I do not have much stuffs that would qualify for entering it so... wait and see what's next, if I do not find it appealling enough for whatever reason, I will enter the BOB with a spitfire I guess as I have one started (and stalled) in 2002 (!!!) that is begging at me to be finished.

Back to zero, I have been working on the upper wing assembly yesterday and... well, the result is not so great I am afraid. It seams all the stufs I packed into the fuse have actually pushed the sides and it is about 0.5 to 1mm too wide in some areas. What is really annoing is that I did not see those problems during dry fitting and everyting is now glued on...

So... I have to find a way to fix this as there is now an offset between the upper and lower wings when I dryfit those together... I'll keep you updated guys!

Cheers,

Loic

Edited by Loic

Hi guys,

I have been working on the main frame assembly today and yesterday :rolleyes:

I managed to more or less correct/fix the wing off set issue... by cheating on the panel lines and the result is good enough for me :speak_cool:

BUT , now, I have an other problem, the pit is too wide by something between 0.5 and 1mm and when I put the wind screen on, it does not quite match :BANGHEAD2:

I will shoot and post some pic tomorrow (in day light).

Cheers,

Loic

Edited by Loic

Hello chaps,

here is the update as promised.

Main structure assembly first, nothing too spectacular here, only 2 shots, top and bottom views.

DSC04688.jpg

DSC04689.jpg

I have also progressed the landing gear assembly and detailling. Sorry for the poor pics, I wish they show the details better...

DSC04685.jpg

DSC04683.jpg

Finally, here is a view of the wind screen fitting issue I talked about previously. I have no idea how I am going to work this out...

DSC04692.jpg

Cheers,

Loic

Hey Loic

It's looking good but I can see the issue with the canopy is a nasty one..two suggestions are add thin strip to the edges of the canopy to build up the area where it is attached to the fuse, or vacuform over the kit part. Another thought is would a canopy from another Zero kit (Revell) fit ?

Cheers

Vaughn

Hey mate,

Thanks!

I guess this idea might have been so obvious that I did not even thought about it!

I have both Revell and Hasegawa kit at home and tested them... the Revell part is too... wide !!! and the Hasegawa fits very reasonably compared to the Doyusha one so this will be the deal :speak_cool:

I'll keep you updated!

Cheers,

Loic