2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

3 minutes ago, Radub said:

In as far as I can see, all that one needs to do is buy a ticket and then show up at the hotel on Friday at 7:30AM. They do the rest. 

So, just bought a ticket using their on-line shopping cart system. 

Radu 

Ill take a look at that, and see if I can do just that.   Does anyone know what time the LSP "meet and greet" is at (I think its on Friday too maybe?

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ill take a look at that, and see if I can do just that.   Does anyone know what time the LSP "meet and greet" is at (I think its on Friday too maybe?

The Pima tour is on Thursday 2 August. The LSP meet-and-greet is on Friday 3 August: LSP-meet-and-greet

Radu 

In as far as I know, the LSP meet and greet is on "Friday 3rd August for 10am, Room 101BC slot number 20." I have not seen any notice of a change. So, it should not clash with the PIMA tour on Thursday 2 August. 

When I bought the PIMA tour ticket I was not asked anything about the hotel or IPMS membership. I put it in the cart, paid by PayPal and I got an email confirming purchase. The email from IPMS said in the "delivery" section: "Rates Unavailable. We will contact you." I guess they will send me an email with the details. In any case, the email I got from them clearly says that I reserved a seat on the tour, so for all intents and purposes that is my "ticket". I will show up, as instructed, at 7:30 outside the Hyatt Regency Hotel. And if that fails, I paid by payPal and I will ask for my money back. ;)

I think it is a good idea to reserve a seat while you can. The Northrop Grumman Orbital ATK tour is already sold out

Radu 

5 hours ago, Radub said:

In as far as I can see, all that one needs to do is buy a ticket and then show up at the hotel on Thursday 2 August at 7:30AM. They do the rest. 

So, just bought a ticket using their on-line shopping cart system. 

Radu 

6 hours ago, Radub said:

I was thinking about this tour organised by IPMS USA: IPMS USA Pima Tour

No need for car rental. 

Radu 

Just got a bus tour reservation w/lunch!  No real need to go into the bone yard itself, if I'm touring the indoor and outdoor display the museum has. 

40 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Ok, I'm in. Ticket purchased.

38 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Okay So  I booked the tour.. So like you Tim I am going to PIMA ... :m0152:

Brian did you  look the gourmet lunch thingy ?   :punk:

Nice! Should be fun!   Yes, I think I got the Ham and Swiss..................

To visit the "aircraft boneyard" you need to book it directly with the museum weeks in advance and you need to get security clearance. By the looks of it, it is a bus tour, you cannot get off and they have only two tours in the day at 11 and 14 - I am not sure how that synchronises with the bus from and to Phoenix, so I did not book it. 

I could not find how to buy that packed lunch... They mention it, but I could not see it anywhere. 

Radu 

54 minutes ago, Radub said:

To visit the "aircraft boneyard" you need to book it directly with the museum weeks in advance and you need to get security clearance. By the looks of it, it is a bus tour, you cannot get off and they have only two tours in the day at 11 and 14 - I am not sure how that synchronises with the bus from and to Phoenix, so I did not book it. 

I could not find how to buy that packed lunch... They mention it, but I could not see it anywhere. 

Radu 

Yes, I'm good with just the museum visit, and only then because it is early morning. I did not buy the lunch, as I'm sure all I will need is a light snack anyway, and I can save 15 bucks. I've been watching my diet better lately; already down 15 lbs, should be down another 10 or so by Phoenix. 

9 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Has anyone registered online for the convention/ contest? How difficult is it?

Dan

Super duper easy.

Go HERE then choose on-line registration for the convention.

I already had an IPMS renewal membership from last years NATs, and just now got my registration done for the convention via the IPMS web site.  

My suggestion is to get that done FIRST ABOVE ANYTHING.  >  The IPMS contest registration team alerted me they could not even process my PIMA air museum tour order because I had not officially registered for the convention. 

I have not entered or registered any of my models yet, and will probably do that when I am closer to getting my Extra done.