1/32 Hurricane

Radub

Put aside 3 or 4 for me if/when you make them. I've been selling what I have left of the Warbird Productions wheel well set through my Warbirds Models, USA site and yours blows it away!! The Hurricane cockpit is an absolute must in resin. Let me know if I can give you any advice/tips along the way.

Dan

Hi Radu,

I have to say, that is some absolutely stunning work you're doing. I swapped my old Revell Hurricane when I saw how much work it needed. I took fright and replaced it with a nice shiny Spitfire from Hasegawa.

I noticed that you say you're going to make the escape hatch a working item i.e. openable. I may be being cheeky here but you do know that the escape hatch on a Hurricane was a "lift off " item and was not hinged like the Spitfire entry door. I've seen loads of models of Hurricanes done with hinged doors and although in the majority of cases the modelling in itself is fantastic this just lets the kit down.

Anyway hope this helps and keep up the great work

:o Bob A

Shameless reqest if I could..... ask? Do you have any drawings or tracings of your cockpit framing? I think a sketch or two could really get a few guys going on this kit at a later date!? This is just stunning work.... absolutely amazing my friend. Absolutely amazing! You defintely have a talent for detail and clean builds!

Cheers and do keep us posted on how she comes along!

Cheers

Alan

More fantastic work Radub! I have been saving

some of your images (hope you don't mind) as

I started reworking the old kit as well, although

not nearly as ambitious as your efforts :o

wow!

Mike

a

b

e

n

...beautiful work.

Hi Alan,

I used the drawings by Arthur Bentley for the framework. I will try to re-draw my own framework. (I do not think that I can publish his work on the internet without his permission).

Bobba, I know what you mean about the escape hatch :-). I too saw many Hurricanes at shows with hinged hatches and had a good laugh. When I said it will be workable, I meant that it will be removable, just to make the cockpit more visible, and also work with the sliding canopy.

As a matter of fact, I should have been clearer with all of my little notes attached to the photos. I wrote all those "explanations" in such a hurry, I never even noticed the misspellings.

Regards,

Radu

Here is a drawing of the side framework It is a bit basic, but I hope you get the idea. I added some dimensions for sizing it. I made the framework from 1.2mm evergreen rod.

I hope this will be of some help.

Radu

post-4-1116174267.jpg

These are some basic drawings of the cockpit. They are simple, but used in conjunction with the references mentioned before should help a bit.

I labelled the three points where the side frame attaches to the bottom as A, B and C.

Regards,

Radu

Drawings are great, Radub!!! I now just have to figure out how I can save all this stuff so I understand it later...

I will join Dan in that if you release your work in resin, I will take four sets!!!!

Hi Ray,

I know what you mean. I built the thing and I still get confused looking at the drawings. <_< I wish I had better technical drawing skills. The structure of the cockpit is a lot more complex than that. There are also some cross-bracing struts and spars missing from the drawings.

By the way, all of this info can be gleaned from the A. Bentley drawings, nothing new or earth-shattering here.

Radu