Hase Ki-43-1

No pics yet, but I re-did the U/C plumbing, and flat sanded the wheels to correct the sit. I've also masked and re-sprayed the flying surfaces to better depict fabric; minor paint/chipping touch ups were completed at this time as well. I've got a base selected, and am cleaning up the edges prior to paint, the center will get some grass, and weeds. All in all, I'm happy with the progress to date, and may have this in the case in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. I've kept at it, and have the base ready for some terrain, and applied tail decals, which went on horribly. They wound up being all wrinkly, so, I took a rough sanding stick, and applied it ever so gently, and ended up with markings that look to be a year out of maintenence. This led me to a title for the bird along the lines of "Lae sept 45" or something like that. Showing a plane sometime after the war, but before scrappers, and scavengers had at it.

• 1 month later...

Some work has been done, and I'm starting to figure out the computer thing.

003.jpg

There has been some careful masking, and paint touch-ups, tail decals, and the base. Apologies for the background clutter!

004.jpg