AIMS Ju 388

Pastor John

Hi all, Just working on cockpit at the mo - going well, sides done ready for blending in with filler. About to start lower cockpit section. When all done cockpit will be dissected from fuselage and cast as one part like with other conversions in my range. Thanks for your interest and help.

John

IMGP4610_zpsa196bc5b.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

• 5 weeks later...

Well thanks for all the pointers to reference books, well happy with the little grey Bildmappe German booklet full of gret internal photos - just perfect and better than anything published in the other books! Still there are still gaps in the mapping as it were of the Ju 388 cockpit which I need if i am going to build highly visible large masters so we are not there yet.

I still need a photo of the left side of the cockpit immediately aft of the pilot - back to the periscope.

I also need a photo of the fold over middle seat - is it basically a left over from the Ju 88 but folding flat over to the left rather than folding up? If I got the info on the two above areas I think I can say I have 98% of the cockpit mapped out ready for building the master. Anyone able to help?

IMGP4626_zps93d34eb2.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Hi John,

Have you thought about contacting the author of the Ju 388 book, Vernalaeken, directly? Perhaps he can help. He has a website on the Ju 388 with contact info and undoubtedly has gathered much more info on the airaft than is in his book.

Hans

• 5 months later...

Hi all, got real bad Carpol tunnel syndrome in both wrists/hands so had a painful and slow modelling year. Right hand operated on in July but not rested it well enough so worse than ever, left hand op on 13th October. Anyway hope to get 388 out in New Year but still a few things to do. Next step is canopy detail ready for sending mould away for vac-forming so i can have a good test shot on my AIMS table at Telford in November, anyway with just the basic shape of the canopy so far this is however the first time the whole shape of this glorious bird can be appreciated. Still no photos come my way of the aircraft's middle seat - only the well known pic looking down through the opening which does not show enough of it. Help!

Overview

20140918_215258_zpsf69453df.jpg