Guillow's B-29 in more than Limbo...

KOTR,

Well and as that type of build.One would have to get the vac kit of the ID 29 and of course the revell X-1 kit and with alot of resetting to the bottom and adding at least the interior part of the bombay to make the X-1 fit right.

But my 29 and if and when i can find more time will go as a 29 with the 20th air force off of tinian.Larry

HI Sorry to here about the problem your having. Some times we just have to step back and try it another way to get it to work like we want it. Lots of luck to you, its quite a undertaking. Heres hoping you get it to worked out so you can Get Re Dun

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Texas,

You bet, talking with the the older vets is a real treat. Another good friend of mine who has since answered that last summons, John Jabjiniak, was a USAAF piolt who flew B-17's, B-24's and was training a crew in the B-29 when the war ended, had an old beat-up balsa model of the B-29 that he had made for his first son in the late 1940's. I helped him refurbish this model to a more presentable state.. I've attached a pic of this effort before the props were fitted. The scale is larger than 1/72..I don't know who manufactured the original kit...

Enjoy...

ggc

100_0443B29AVINTAGEBALSAJAB46.jpg

HI Great job. I bet he relly appreciated your help and enjoyed the model. I know I built several WWII aircraft models that my father in law liked and had seen during the war. He never wonted to take thim home but always had to look at them when he was over.

To ALL,

Have put "THUMPER" project way back on the back burner.My Memphis Belle has top priority now.Have found materials as to skinning her.Really messed up on the ripping of the wings and just don't want to add any more weight than what i have on her now.

And that wooden 29 looks like the old Strombrecker kit of the early to mid 50's.Those were the state of the art back when.Larry

HI Yep I started with the wooden models back in about 1951. I remember getting the small balsa kits at the corner store for ten cents ( two blicks of balsa and plans). I built a bunch of those. They were great.

If I may ask, are you building the B-29 out of balsa or are you using plastic or a combination of the two?

PS Will be looking forward to seeing you get the B-29 finished

Strombecker, eh..? Thanks for the ID...on the wood B-29...that particular model has a lot of history behind it...John J. jr., who hung it from his bedroom ceiling was himself a vet serving during the Vietnam war and sadly died some years later from illness brought on by exposure to Agent Orange spraying...I have attached a pic of a Veteran's day display that featured various memorabilia including John J. Jr's Vietnam service medals and various models by yours truly...

ggc

P5310005.jpg