Black Box F18 Exhaust nozzles

rohan

Anyone comment on this 1/32 resin set? Is it as good as Aires or MK 1? (Obviously Aires comes with the PE fan stuff as well) but in relation to the nozzles only, are the Black Box nozzles just as good?

Edited by rohan

The BB exhaust nozzles are pretty good and seem to be improved versions of the kit nozzles. They are a one piece nozzle, not two parts like the MK1 exhausts. The Aires exhausts are good for the inner burner cans only. The exhausts themselves are noticeably undersized.

Do you mean the Aires ones are undersized? Aires are expensive too. Black Box are nicely priced as well. Id prefer the MK 1 cans if I can find them. Im trying now but everyone seems to be out of stock. Are they still being produced?

Many thanks for that. Im told in the UK they will be available again soon. Would you chose the MK 1 cans over the Black Box? The MK 1 cans look very nicely detailed.

Edited by rohan

It's been a while the Mk.1 cans are noted as "future release" at hannants... I have already bought the aires ones, but if i can get the mk.1 before starting my build, i will certainly bought them. In addition they are quite cheap.

Many thanks for that. Im told in the UK they will be available again soon. Would you chose the MK 1 cans over the Black Box? The MK 1 cans look very nicely detailed.

I think because of their two part design, the MK1 cans look a little more like separate inner and outer nozzles than the BB cans. Also, the MK1 exhausts have nice detail at the end of the feathers.

Hi. see post 153 here. the MK1 are the ones you want. Not made at the moment. Rare as Hen's teeth. http://s362974870.on...c=196766&st=140

BTW, I think that this is the website for the manufacturer. I wonder if enough people pestered...err contacted them, that they might redo the molds?

http://www.ka-models...ute=common/home

Edited by Av8fan

I found a Black box set on Ebay for 15 USD. So happy with those.

I also saw these ones on Ebay which are made by Rhino Model works. They are only 15 USD a set made in the US They also come with the inner fan. I didnt see them till after I bought the Black Box ones. But just for everyones info, here is the link to Rhino ones-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-F-A-18A-B-C-D-HORNET-EXHAUST-NOZZLE-SET-CLOSED-Academy-/271131630007?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4593580670939079290%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D271131630007%26