F16C role in the Wild Weasel Package with the F4G

rohan

Guys Im scratching to find the 1/32 CAMs resin conversion to an F4G or the 1/32 cutting edge F4G conversion set. Are they still in production? Which suits the Revell F4F kit?

cutting edge set definitely OOP - you'd also need their F-4E upgrade kit if memory serves me correctly.. I've seen these two combined sets go for a couple hundred (£) on eBay - in fact, as I am typing this there's a complete set (Tamiya F-4 C/D & Cutting Edge sets) on ebay.com:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-Tamiya-Cutting-Edge-F-4G-conversion-F-4E-F-set-Tamiya-kit-/281030521460?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item416eb97274

yes, it's steep - but you're paying for the name as far as I can see

which bits would you need for a 'G' model?

I know Paragon Designs also used to make slatted wings (also OOP) for the USN 'E' version, and Isradecal currently also make a slatted wings set. Cutting Edge released two different LE Slat sets, one for the USAF and another for the USN versions - I think these were part of the F-4E 'upgrade' set that also included new cockpit bits

anyway I'm a real amateur, so no real clue as to what's needed - you might want to check out this nice F-4G build by Paul Stoner:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=269

Thanks mate. There is a 1/32 revell F4F in the local toy shop I saw the other day. So the idea just sprung to mind converting that F4. I remembered years ago of a conversion set for that Revell kit. So I thought it would be a nice project.

I mastered F-4G conversion for the Revell F-4E as well as Full intake correction as well as CORRECT diameter long exhaust. I am an ex weasel mech. The Airdoc sheet has Spang. mkgs. useable for DS. You would need the slotted stab from the F-4E kit and suggest the True Details resin seats if you have the F-4F. There are photos of the parts posted here;

http://www.zone-five...?t=20249&page=2

That is great that you did these sets sets but what about the selling of them? Sierra Hotel Models has not been seen or heard from since the Nationals back in August and some folks were lucky enough to aquire the sets then. It has been asked before on other boards about this before, when or will the items come to production?

Mike who runs Sierra Hotel has temporarily been out of commission due to back surgery. The sets will be produced and sold as soon as he is "back" again, I have been checking with him and although I made the masters, I help him where I can. The weasel set is strictly for the Revell kit at the moment, but I will be converting the parts to Tamiya, just have to get the slat conversion set configured at the lowest cost possible. We continue to try & keep the Sierra Hotel prices as low as we can.

Now how is this. I put my stash in storage 10 years ago and only now am I having it sorted it out and sent to me. And in amongst it all, there may well be a cutting edge F4G conversion kit. So fingers crossed!!!!!!