1/32 Tamiya Corsair Mk. II

John Craft

Got some paint applied

sMefLm.jpg

I love this Corsair, I want to turn either my Birdcage or -1A into an FAA machine. Can you share what needs to be done to the Tamiya to make it a British bird? I saw you images in the first post, is that all thats needed? 

Edited by 1to1scale

Welcome John!  Superb work on the cockpit, especially the Sutton Harness.  Is it the HGW one?  I used that harness in a Spitfire I build I did a couple of years ago, it is very nice, like all the HGW seatbelts.  I think your color scheme is looking good as well.

Ernest

I love this Corsair, I want to turn either my Birdcage or -1A into an FAA machine. Can you share what needs to be done to the Tamiya to make it a British bird? I saw you images in the first post, is that all thats needed? 

Wingtips and the fuselage scoop intakes and exhaust. You have to research the aircraft that you want to build though.  Some of the very early birdcage did not have clipped wings.  There were also two different versions of the wing clip.

xQ5Te6.jpg

Wingtips and the fuselage scoop intakes and exhaust. You have to research the aircraft that you want to build though.  Some of the very early birdcage did not have clipped wings.  There were also two different versions of the wing clip.

xQ5Te6.jpg

Cool, had not seen that drawing before! I think that probably cleared a lot of issues up for guys doing the FAA/short wingtip birds