Revell EC135 Eurocopter 1/32 (04659)

dgassie

I just decided to join this build last night.

I have the new Revell EC135 Eurocopter kit but am not sure if I want to build it stock. Thinking about a Texas flag paint scheme rescue theme or possibly converting it into an executive chopper.

Although the out of box livery is cool, every photo of the model I found on the Web is done in that yellow and black paint job.

BTW, never done a chopper before so I'm looking forward to this build.

oh.

helicopter excellent hands between your brother, if I had longer arms and had chosen this one second for this challenge ...

interesting prelude and so many good choices to finish. 'll surely occurrence during construction

welcome aboard
Edited by Aluxe

• 4 weeks later...

The cockpit is done. Now I have to finally decide if I want to go with the rescue craft or convert it into a private executive chopper. Ive been going back and forth on this ever since I opened the box.

On one hand, a private aircraft would be cool and original, a guarantee that it would a unique model with no other like it. Building the cabin would be a challenge. On the other hand, the rescue version has so much cool stuff in it! It would be a shame to waste that.

So far, I've found a lot of flash, every piece has needed clean up. There are some sink marks and a whole bunch of seam filing to be done. But...it has been a fun build so far. It's a neat kit with lots and lots of parts.

The instructions indicate 30 grams of weight should be added to the cavities in the cockpit area but I only managed to cram in around 20 grams so far. Will it be enough? Will other areas be available to hide more?

Cockpit3.jpg

Cockpit1-1.jpg

Cockpit2.jpg

Thank you Brian.

I just noticed a mistake I made. The seats should be a blue-grey according to instructions, so I'll redo them. Ill probably choose a more aggressive, brighter blue while I'm at it so they'll stand out more.

hi

it is wise to accept Mexican proverb says, only defines whether cloth or leather lining the seats so you have the effect. stay ahead

:)

Hi Ernest,

Can we get you to reduce the size of the image in your signature? We've implemented some new guidelines around this, so it'd be great if you could do that for us.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I went back and forth deciding how I wanted to build this kit. I wanted to do an executive helicopter with Texas markings but I would have to build a custom cabin and not use all the great medical and communication pieces that came with the kit. I finally decided to do this one stock, as a medical rescue helicopter and purchase another one in the future to modify as an executive aircraft.

I've finished the cockpit, as well as the additional medic space in back. The top of the clam shell is also finished. As I mentioned on my earlier post, I changed the seat color to blue and it does look better in my opinion.

There are a lot of small details here and many fiddly bits. As I mentioned before, most had to be sanded and many filled but I didn't go crazy with it, just did the least that had to be done. Most of those small details will never even be seen once the clam top is glued in place.

I think it gets more complicated from here, since in the next steps, parts of the fuselage will be added as well as engine parts. I have been able to paint sub assemblies up until now but it looks like that won't be the case from now on. Kind of worried about that but I've had a lot of fun with the kit so far so I can't really complain.