Tomcat F-14D Trumpeter

Pfuf

Thx for the complements I am now done with the underside weatherd oil streaks Now I allways used the Tamiya color wash with water now I did see on Promodeler side how he used it dry now Why did I not think about that LoL.

So here the result very pleast with it.

post-5365-1275594797.jpg

The model is sprayed over with future before I do that I allways us a old peace of waterproof sanding paper to get ride of the paint dust this will some times dammage a little bit not muche still last job is to repair this the end result is muche beter silky smooth :D

post-5365-1275595118.jpg

and last picture hope to do the decals and fill the panel lines tomorrow the front part of the wing now is very light this all will blend in when I do the matt finish.

post-5365-1275595341.jpg

Hi I put on the decals and wash in the panel lines using oil paint dark grey The zotz decals are realy very thin I now let it rest tomorrow i will use Midro sol to get them setle down more in the panel lines.

post-5365-1275667701.jpg

Beautiful work! I may have missed it earlier in this thread, but did you happen to take a close-up picture of the joint of the cover piece that goes on the bottom (the one that the makes up the back of the nose gear bay). I'm at that point now, and that piece is being a thorn in my side...seriously :D.

Yes the Trouble is the Frame of the front landinggear is a bit to wide.

Pay attention if the leg is in the rigtht angle very difficult to adjust when the front piece is closed.

hope this helps.

johan

post-5365-1276156782.jpg

Hi

Done the exhaust de dirt shadow on the blade's did this one at the time and only one time I pulled some paint loose repairt that today here a pic how I did it.

post-5365-1276627491.jpg

Great Tape same as the Tamiya only 10 times as cheap here the result tomorrow I will put on future and wash in the panel lines the landinghook still needs some work lol.

post-5365-1276627674.jpg

I first painted the blue and white then I see this build cant remember the name and I see the clear nose now I wanted that two so glued on a peace of clear spreu and carefull sanded the nose round.

here the progress

post-5365-1276627987.jpg