LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know anything about the following kit?

AML 1/32 Heinkel He 162 Salamander

All I can find about it online is that it's listed in a couple of places as a future release in short-run injected plastic, with AML being a Czech producer. It sounds unlikely to me that it ever got released, and is a hangover from a time before the Revell kit came into being. Anyone know for sure?

Kev

I am wondering if this was not this special boxing including the Revell kit and all the CMK detail sets...?

That's the logical conclusion to make, but each of the 3 or so websites I found this listed on described it as 'short-run'. If we can't find anything definitive about it, I'm going to assume that it was never released, and remove it from the database.

Kev

Kev,

You are probably right as the reboxing I was thinking about was in fact marketed by "Best Choice" as shown here:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BEST1002

Thierry

That's interesting, Thierry, as I just found this kit in the database, with the manufacturer listed as MPM for some reason:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=659

Not sure where MPM comes into it, but I might change the manufacturer to Best Choice, as it says that right on the box anyway. I'll remove the AML entry.

Kev

Hi Kev,

It was released in 2008 (confirmed by two different sources).

Hth

Thierry

Thanks, Thierry. I've also been contacted by a member who has the kit, and has offered to take photos of the contents. This should complete our entry nicely!

Kev

I've just found a photo on eBay that shows the side of the box, partially, and you can see MPM's name and logo there, so I guess that explains that. So, which brand should it come under - MPM or Best Choice?

Kev

I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine it's like the Revell/Pro Modeller kits; a Revell kit, but the Pro Modeller series.

I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine it's like the Revell/Pro Modeller kits; a Revell kit, but the Pro Modeller series.

Apparently the included decals are from Best Choice, which is where that name comes from on the box. Definitely an MPM kit.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...