The Huff in 1/32 (F-86F) the dragon is onboard

oppenheimer

I always thought the wings were deliberately moulded with that effect - pretty sure the one I have is identical...

Iain

I dont know if it was deliberated, but on mine, i did not care. I even find it pretty cool as with a highly polished finish, it looks like stressed skin.

Edited by Zero77

Yes i thought that too, but in the real life the center wing panels dont get stressed at all, that is why i am fixing the skin in the center, the rest will stay stressed like leading edge, ailerons and flaps, as well the fuselage, pogressing slowly, to much work this days and no time for the dragon

Edited by oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Got ya and looking forward to the photos and update. Thanks for posting the photo of the wing and it's center section. It's hard to imagine an NMF better then the one you did on Old Crow.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

well guys, i risked some money and i bought a sabre from a factory called WOLFPAK, this is a Korean model factory that bought the molds from Kinetic for the Sabre, i have been working on the fix for the wings for a week already, and for my surprise when i opened the box, what a beautiful set of wing, they used a different plastic for the kit, and they managed to get a crisp and perfect wings,also it comes with resin wheels and brass pitot tube, so i decided to use this wing on my Sabre, and the wings i have been working will go to the forgoten cornen of my closet, so this build will be a kitbashing one, front halve of the fuselage (italery) aft fuselage (wolfpak) wings (wolfpak) rest of the model will be from Italery, and cockpit,wheel wels, nose ,machine gun panel will be resin.

If i can i will upload some pictures of the wings today

Edited by oppenheimer

Alain, i cant agree more with you about the rivets, but in this size of aiplane the more detail you have the less toyish the airplane will look, the wings were coming along nice witout the rivets on the center part, on the new wings what i will do is to spray some Mr surfacer 500 on the center panels to reduce the deep of the rivets but still be visible under the alclad, about the wolfpak wings you can model both type of wings, the short one and the long one, my wing have to be the short one and the only thing i have to rework on it is the removal of the wing slat, that is easier than puttying the hole wing and sand it , here are some shots of the wolfpak wing

IMG_5787_zps228777d9.jpg

IMG_5789_zps370155dc.jpg

You can see how crisp are the details and how smooth is the wing surface

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

I find it amazing how the molding technique a manufacturer used can effect the quality of the casting. Learn something every day

Peter

i thought this model will be be a piece of cake to do, turns out if you want a real sabre model in 1/32, you need to do a lot of work and modification to this model, as they say NO PAIN NO GAIN, and this one is literally a pain in the a...........

finally found some time to set in front of the bench, as every one knows i decided to throw away the Italeri wings and use the wolfpack wings instead.  i need a unslated wing for the HUFF, and wolfpack's wing is a slated wing as you can see in this picture

IMG_5828_zps3a17493e.jpg

so, after some rework to the wing i turned the same wing into this one, a wing without slat

IMG_5829_zpse61515fb.jpg

i am doing some work here and there, also working on the wheel wells to replace the original one

IMG_5831_zps2cc5aee7.jpg

with this one

IMG_5833_zpsb2908b40.jpg

another flaw on this model is the air intake, the model one is out of shape, so it has to be replaced with a resin one, the resin one have a thicker and rounded mouth as the real airplane, so in order to replace the intake you need to rework the hole front fuselage section cause the resin part is 1.5mm wider on the fuselage diameter than the plastic intake, as soon as i get there i will post some pictures of how i will do that

IMG_5837_zpsc1a6dadb.jpg

IMG_5838_zps04a80049.jpg