Trumpter A-10A

Texas

Great work very handy these rivet decals consider to buy them for mine A10

johan

Thanks.....They seem to be working good so far....Here's tonight's progress...

Rivitsw.jpg

Rivitsv.jpg

Rivitsu.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :speak_cool:

Looks great Texas! How were they to apply?Do you think they will stand out enough after painting? This could be the savior of a lot of left behind builds.....Harv :lol:

Thanks Harvey....They are going on just like any other decal. The double row ones are easier to work with because of the width. The single row ones need to be floated into place to keep them from tearing into. I gave the area a coat of Future to get a gloss surface to put them on and plan to seal them with another coat of Future when there all on and before painting. They are reacting well with Micro Sol.

Not sure how they will show up after painting so stay tuned and we will all find out.

Texas :lol:

What dou thank?

Texas :lol:

I think they look great Texas :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing how they look under a coat of paint.

Keep up the good work. I'm taking notes as I have one of the Trumpeter A-10s on my stash for a future build. :piliot:

:piliot:

Thats pretty cool! Dumb question but are those rivets "3D' so to speak?

Thanks....These are "3D" Rivets... The ones I am using are like thirteen thousands of a inch in height and very close in size to the ones Trumpter molded on the kit that I ether had to sand off during assemble or Trumpter didn't have them on the model in the first place........They are little drops of resin applied to a clear decal paper to represent a raised head rivets.....

If you check out photos of the A-10 you will see what I am trying to replicate to some degree..........

Texas :BANGHEAD2:

Update......The rivets are all on the spine and now it's back to the reference to see if I need to add more.....

Here are some close ups to show the "3D" effect..

Rivitsn.jpg

Rivitsm.jpg

Rivitskc.jpg

Rivitskb.jpg

Rivitska.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :whistle:

Looking good Texas Great result.

No more excuses for me to finish mine A10 did in the time searche for many options and they all asked so muche time this is the best option.

Johan

Update....Here's the next area to receive rivets.....You can see some of the remaining kit rivets in the first two photos...

Rivitskh.jpg

Rivitskg.jpg

Rivitskf.jpg

Rivitskd.jpg

Rivitske.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :goodjob:

Texas, she is really coming along! That last row looks a little askew, though.I hope the paint doesn't eliminate it all.....Harv ;)

Thanks.....The last row does look out of whack in the photo...I will have to check it out.....I am thanking of trying to paint a area to see what the rivets look like ......

Stay Tuned

Texas :thumbsup: